TX Hogs

Broknhorn

FNG
Hi everyone, so I'm trying to find a good/reputable hog hunt and my problem is wading through the sheer number of places online that offer hog hunting throughout TX. Is there a good place that many of you have gone that offers good opportunity? I would like a place that offers hunts for feral hogs not enclosed in a high-fence type property, that offers good opportunity for a shot. Ideally, a place that offers the option of bow and rifle would be nice on a decently sized property. Tree stand/ground blind hunting would be our first choice as, being from CO, we usually spot-and-stalk. Lodging would be nice but not a requirement. There would be at least 2 of us but possibly as many as 4 hunters.
Thanks for any advice/recommendations.

wyosteve

WKR
I'll let you know after mid-Dec. I'm heading down near Seymour, TX. for a hog and duck hunt with a friend from Castle Rock.

Titan

WKR
There's a good guide here around Lubbock. I can get you his contact info. They include night hunts with provided thermal/NV guns. I believe they will even pick you up. Not sure how DIY you can make it though.

wytx

WKR
I would look into going in early March or late Feb. We always have good success that time of the year. Later in March is warmer and possibly severe weather down there.
Some spots in North Texas that have good hunts along the Red River. Check out the outfitter section on Texas Hunting Forum and Texas Bowhunting Forum. Lots of hog hunts advertised there and feedback on the outfitters.
We hunt them on family land every spring in Cooke County. Good hunting all along the Red and just south of it.
Seymour will be a fun hog and duck hunt. You must be folllowing the ducks down after our freeze up wyosteve.