Whats your secret.....

Beendare

WKR
..........to hitting coyotes running full tilt at 300 yds plus? /grin

I'm using my bolt rifle lately and its not like the AR....where you can just keep pulling the trigger and walking them in on them.

So we had 5 come in on one set Friday and it sure would be nice to knock down more than one......

EastMT

WKR
I had a buddy who I swear would miss first shot and then hit them running. I told him he didn’t need to give them a warning round haha.

He had a little contraption he bought that you shoot with a pellet gun. It looked like an old school fair duck shooting game. It had calculations for pellet speed and distance that would equate to real world rifle shooting. Not sure what it was called but if you hunt coyotes a lot on the run might be a good way to practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
Luck. But the more you practice, the more often you get lucky I've always thought.

Best strategy I've found is having the Foxbang on my call that plays a kiyi after I shoot and hoping to get a slower moving second shot.

Shooting tires with plywood over the center rolling down a hill is good practice. So is small game with a 22. I like the polymer round bouncing targets too, I shoot those and try to keep 2 going with my AR. It's good practice for finding moving targets in the scope and switching between them with the sticks or bipod from different positions. It's not the same as running shots but the only shooters I've ever known who are really good running shots shoot a bunch. A couple brothers who taught me a lot were some of the better sporting clays shooters in the state and grew up doing deer drives. They made some pretty incredible running shots when I was a kid walking draws to them.