KS coyote eating live deer

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I came across this last week in Kansas while pheasant hunting.
I could hear the doe bawling from several hundred yards away and moved in as fast as I could when I finally saw them.
I got to 30 yards before he saw me. My over under has improved modified and full tubes and I was shooting rounds of #5.
The die died shortly thereafter. Probably loss of blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
[video=youtube;WvzARtILtn8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvzARtILtn8[/video]

[video=youtube;t11HZJ6nJYo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t11HZJ6nJYo[/video]

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
Nature is more harsh than Disney animation studios likes to depict.

Predator control essential.

Thanks for sharing. Hope the game warden let you put her down.

Wow that’s hard to watch. I used to see a ton of coyotes in Kansas. I sure miss hunting out there though.

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
It’s amazing how much destruction they can cause. Our whitetail property in eastern KS is starting to get overrun by them, every time we’re out there in the evening I hear multiple coyotes howling. You almost can’t leave deer overnight at our place. Last year I shot a buck a little far back so we left him over night and they did this in less than 6 hours

OXN939

WKR
This thread is wild. Crazy video, and crazy picture above! I kill about one a season here in VA, but am sure our population is well established. Great case study in why predator control is necessary.

elkguide

WKR
Nothing meaner than Mother Nature.
I'm just not willing to let her win all of the battles.
Good on you for taking action. To bad you were to late.

SWOHTR

WKR
Crazy. I just moved to Newport, RI for 7 months and have seen 6 of them, living in people’s yards, in the city. The first one I saw I thought was a stray dog because it was running full tilt across a residential boulevard. Another one I saw on a popular walking path. The other three I saw in a yard across from Salve Regina University. One had been hit by a car and was limping on 3 legs. Unfortunately, I couldn’t kill them, though they were giving me all the time in the world.

Yota

FNG
I had a nice buck I killed bowhunting and it dropped dead out of sight and I stayed in my tree stand about an hour after I made the shot because there were several other deer which were still hanging around and I didn't want to spook them when I went after that buck. Anyway an hour later I followed his blood trail to find him and saw that coyotes had eaten most of his rear end.