Coyote triple during a deer hunt

Wright406

WKR
45AE7DE9-E1B3-4DDE-933B-7BE3751BE45E.jpg

Long story short. Dumped three dogs on a deer hunt when the deer weren’t moving much but kept seeing coyotes everywhere. Happened about 5 weeks ago but figured y’all would appreciate it. They were trotting down a cattle trail here in MT so when they got to 250 I started to knock them down. First one was at 250, second at 300 and the third was 400. I practice mild long range shooting so these were as simple as dial and pull the trigger. It was a target rich environment and luckily one of our winter coyote honeyholes.

OP
Wright406

Wright406

WKR
This one was a custom 6.5x47 which I have converted to a 6.5PRC !

Phaseolus

WKR
I got a triple hunting deer a few years ago too. Near last light I saw a group of does standing alert and looking at something just in front of them. I was 220 yards away and above them. I could see they were staring down a coyote. Since it was last light I decided to shoot the yote. Bang, it whirled and then went down, does just stood there. I picked up my binoculars and saw another coyote standing almost next to the one I just dropped. Bang, got him too. Then I spotted a third about 40 yards away and behind the does. Bang, triple down, the does never moved. I was using my Tikka T3 in 30.06 with 180 grain partitions.