CA pig hunting

Fairly new to the Bay Area and looking to get out after some pigs in late January early February. Can anyone recommend a good outfitter or guide? Seems most run between $500 and 700 for two days. Which seems reasonable to me.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is reasonable for CA. I would look into what you want also. Several northern Ca and Central Ca guys are fenced and fed...you kill two or three in a weekend and let two or three out of their pig pens to replace them. They are nearly guaranteed fenced in and hunting near their feeders. The places that are not fenced and fed, it is really much more difficult because the pigs could merely have fed off the property for a couple of days. Do your research!!!

Jacack

WKR
Boaring Experiences

Hunted with this guy a few times but it's been atleast 5 years ago now. Did get some nice hogs with him, I looked at his site and his prices have gen up quite a bit since I hunted with him.

Jared

My buddy runs hunts in Sonoma county, does dogs and spot and stalk/semi guided. Give George a call at Wild Pig Hunting Guide Service. Great guy, ranch is loaded with hogs, our group took 8 the first weekend in October.

Great info, southern california here and been looking to get into some pigs up north . Thanks for the contact info , will give George a call.

270BBD

FNG
NorCal is loaded with pigs. Great animal to hunt. There is a lot on public land as well. Obviously a little tougher.

mmac

WKR
I went with a couple guides when I lived there and Tom Willoughby was the best. He worked hard and we got there around lunch time and had 3 hogs for 3 guys by dinner. I wouldn't go with anyone else there if he is still guiding. He is in Paso Robles.