Hand loading one at a time

tdhanses

WKR
Who else loads one at a time? I’ve found the LE Wilson hand loading system to be super consistent and fun. Now if I was loading 100’s at a time I probably wouldn’t do it. I highly recommend this process to new reloaders as it is super simplistic and less room for error.

So just wondering if anyone else uses their seating and sizing dies? For Full length resizing I use a Redding full length die but for neck sizing and bullet seat I only use LE Wilson dies anymore.

Doghed

WKR
I am currently tooling up for handloading 308. My set up includes the Wilson chamber type seating die and a K&M arbor press. I'll be bump sizing with a Whidden full length bushing sizer.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I am currently tooling up for handloading 308. My set up includes the Wilson chamber type seating die and a K&M arbor press. I'll be bump sizing with a Whidden full length bushing sizer.

I use the K&M, I really like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, and I weigh each and every charge.

I use a Lyman powder dispenser but do double check the weights from time to time, so far it has been very accurate.

I still use a single stage for all my match grade loads or hunting rounds. For pistol and stump shooting rounds I use my Dillon. Not saying the Dillon isn't accurate enough, I'm just a little OCD about my hunting rounds

rayporter

WKR
all my match and hunting loads are loaded one at a time.

usually I weigh each charge with a chargemaster but I do have a jones and a harrels measure and sometimes I will use them-- p dog loads are ususally thrown. every now and then I will throw charges when working up loads and verify the weight when I get a load.

a Wilson seater is the fastest way to seat bullets accurately. once you learn the knack of using it a Wilson is the bomb.

Who else loads one at a time? I’ve found the LE Wilson hand loading system to be super consistent and fun. Now if I was loading 100’s at a time I probably wouldn’t do it. I highly recommend this process to new reloaders as it is super simplistic and less room for error.

So just wondering if anyone else uses their seating and sizing dies? For Full length resizing I use a Redding full length die but for neck sizing and bullet seat I only use LE Wilson dies anymore.
been using wilson stuff for years. When prarie dog shooting back in the day would load thousands of 223 with the wilsons. sitting at the kitchen table watching tv could deprime a few hundred in no time. used an rcbs bench priming tool and a Harrel powder drop then back to the table to seat bullets from the 50 round tray. good way to pass time in the winter waiting for spring...

CX5Ranch

WKR
When I am building a load for a new gun I make them one at a time. After I find what it wants then I mass produce for prairie dog trips.

It really depends how many shells I need too. Deer season I only need a few. Prairie dogs well that's different. It is much easier to set up the rcbs single stage for a few rounds.

I always shake every shell out of the lock n load. Just to hear the powder inside. Never had a problem but I could see where you could have a disaster if not paying attention.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

One at a time, even for plinking rounds.

Started reloading for the 270 win back in early 80's and bought a lee press, and RCBS 505 scale and powder measurer and a few odds and ends and loaded that round, and bunch of others, one round at a time up until I bought a Chargemaster….and even though I still use it for loading powder, I still use a powder trickler to top up each load when needed. Old habits are hard to break.

Cheers

SS

rayporter

WKR
When I am building a load for a new gun I make them one at a time. After I find what it wants then I mass produce for prairie dog trips.

It really depends how many shells I need too. Deer season I only need a few. Prairie dogs well that's different. It is much easier to set up the rcbs single stage for a few rounds.

I always shake every shell out of the lock n load. Just to hear the powder inside. Never had a problem but I could see where you could have a disaster if not paying attention.

aint nothing like sitting down at the bench and the RO says commence fire and it don't go bang! or a close second is looking down just before commence fire and seeing no primers in 5 when you need 5 on paper and only loaded 9.

CX5Ranch

WKR
Sounds like someone was yanking the handle with one hand while holding a scotch in the other ??

I work all my loads one at a time in small batches! One day I'll have that turret press and will eliminate have to change dies..

I work all my loads one at a time in small batches! One day I'll have that turret press and will eliminate have to change dies..

My father-in-law has a turrent press that he has used for years. He loves it; I am not a fan. I will stick to my single stage RCBS Partner press. I have a Dillon 550B I still need to setup properly; but I will still prefer to load my hunting and long range ammo on the single stage press. I generally run batches of 50 or 100 on it. Thankfully I find it relaxing.

My father-in-law has a turrent press that he has used for years. He loves it; I am not a fan. I will stick to my single stage RCBS Partner press. I have a Dillon 550B I still need to setup properly; but I will still prefer to load my hunting and long range ammo on the single stage press. I generally run batches of 50 or 100 on it. Thankfully I find it relaxing.
Yeah, since I posted my reply I have actually added another single stage press to the mix! I ve made a lot of upgrades recently. I plan on staying with single stage presses. I thought I might like turret press, but this new set up I'm working on is pretty cool. I'll try and post pictures went the new bench is finished.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Muttly

WKR
Been running a turret press for most of my reloading career, pretty handy for my purposes..
Somehow ended up with a Rockchucker yesterday, strangely enough..
One of my little brothers wants to get a Dillon, almost suspect I might be a bit too OCD to trust one of those..

All my hunting rifles get rounds loaded one at a time, same with my precision gun. 223 and pistol rounds just get cranked out on the LNL.