FS: Bad deal gone good...Kuiu 3200

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
SOLD

The History
Edit: I have removed references to the original seller's ad as it doesn't add any information to this sale that I do not also state, and paints an overly negative picture of an individual based on one single event.

I purchased this pack on Rokslide last week and at the time it was described as "slightly used", size medium belt, no tears. Based on photographs and a conversation via text message, the pack was further described to me as less than a year old. While the pack is still serviceable, it is certainly not what was described to me and this fact is generating significant anger and resentment that I don't have the time or the inclination to deal with. Since I have no recourse to getting my money back and since the seller is standing firm that the pack is exactly as he described it (despite tears and incorrect size), the only solution for me is to fully and accurately describe the condition of the pack and attempt to move it to someone who will use it with full awareness of its condition. I do this in an attempt to elevate our respect for each other's time and money and turn a negative for me into a positive for someone on here.

I want to make clear in the interest of full disclosure that during this transaction I conducted a separate transaction with this seller that was concluded to my satisfaction. The dude has said his peace to me and if he can live with it...leave him be. $350 ain't worth letting him live rent free in my head or starting an internet fight.

The Pack

I am going to clean up and keep the majority of the individual components supplied with the pack system as I will use them when I find a new setup. What I am offering for sale is the pack bag, the frame, the suspension, and the gun bearer.

The pack system is a Kuiu Icon Pro 3200 from 2015 in phantom/major brown color combo. This is a regular size frame with L/XL belt.

The pack bag itself is in good used shape on all exterior facing surfaces. The rear of the bag that faces the frame has multiple tears in the fabric that appear to be from abrading against the frame. It was mounted incorrectly when I received it, leading me to believe this may be the culprit. There is one tear approximately 1 - 1.5 cm in length below the carry handle in the curve of the top of the frame and additional wear on the fabric. There are several small tears in a cluster along one one side of the rear of the bag where the fabric has rubbed in the channel for the adjustable shoulder straps. At least one of these vertically oriented tears approaches 2.5-3 cm in length. A couple of strategically placed pieces of tenacious tape or even athletic tape would take care of the issue. The bag is dirty from use and there is a mild odor to it. There are no blood stains.

The frame has a small chip at the top of it directly under the carry handle. It also has several deep gouges in the finish in the central portion of the frame sheet between the bottom of the velcro shoulder strap mounts and the top of the lumbar pad. The finish gouges do not go all the way through the clear coat to the carbon or I would trash it and not sell it. The surface has various scuff and wear marks from rubbing against plastic buckles, etc. As with the bag there is a mild odor to the suspension as from sweat, etc.

IMG_20181010_104112.jpg IMG_20181010_104102.jpg . IMG_20181010_104122.jpg
IMG_20181010_104210.jpg

I need two to three days to clean the pack and suspension for any potential buyer so please be aware if you want it that there will be a 2-3 day delay before I ship exclusive of the weekend to ensure it is clean and dry. I will fully disassemble and clean the pack bag, frame, and suspension by hand. My intent is to handwash and soak the textiles in a diluted solution of oxy-clean, thoroughly rinse, soak in scent killer detergent and handwash again, dry and spray down with scent killer spray. In my experience this process has cleaned up and eliminated everything I've thrown at my equipment so this should take care of cleaning and deodorizing. I will then correctly reassemble and ship USPS priority mail to the buyer.

I have high expectations of my equipment. In my honest opinion this would make a fine pack system for day hunting, a good first pack for someone, a backup system for someone with an existing primary pack, and honestly very likely can handle regular work if the tears are repaired. It's just not what I was sold: part of that issue is the fact that its the wrong size and part of that is the condition it arrived in.

I've done my best to describe it accurately and my pricing below reflects that.

The Price
Several options available to Roksliders to purchase this pack.

1. If you are military active duty or honorably discharged/retired...we're good. You pay actual shipping priority mail.

2. If you are currently in recovery from drug or alcohol addiction and are actively working a program including Step 12...we're good with conditions. You pay actual shipping priority mail and agree to the following: You send me a PM and introduce yourself; you agree to tell me your general geographic location so that if you and I are ever in the same town, we attend a meeting together; and finally you agree to let me PM you my cell phone number and you further agree to call or text me if you ever get to thinking that relapse might be a good or acceptable idea so that I can work through that with you.

3. If you are NOT currently a member of Back Country Hunters and Anglers and RMEF, you pay actual shipping priority mail AND you must join both and PM/text me evidence of membership in both starting on or after 10/10/2018. BHA will run you $25 individual and RMEF is $35 so your total cost would be $60 plus actual shipping.

4. If you are a young person trying to get into hunting and need a serviceable pack...we're good. You pay actual shipping and make a commitment to always respect the game you pursue and respect the time and financial investment of other hunters out there doing the same thing you are. In short...be nice. Since it's my sale I arbitrarily am defining "young person" as 25 or under.

5. If you do not fall into groups 1-4 above, help me defray some of the costs of this debacle. $150 plus actual shipping. I'll eat the rest.

Thanks for reading. Here endeth the rant.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 8.55.37 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 8.55.37 AM.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

Unoboats

WKR
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sorry you got caught up in this, but you are doing a stand up thing, Good luck
Chip Bell RMEF Life Member 24288
Maybe I can help you out one day

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The most upstanding and selfless post I’ve ever read. Thank you for being a great outdoor advocate and Rokslider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cml5895

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely awesome thing you did here! I hope that pack makes a difference one way or another

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, you're a stand up dude and I think did the best you could to make the best of a potentially bad situation. I really appreciated 1-4. Those are not things you see someone do, or willing to do for other hunters. You sir are a great ambassador for all of us.

Instagram.com/windpowerpro

elkdog

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have gone above and way, way beyond.
What a great post and gesture.