308Wilds anyone bought anything from this person?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I purchased an outdoorsman Bino Adapter from this user and sent payment via PayPal. Oddly after I sent payment he marked the item as shipped through PayPal with no tracking info. Now when I try to message them they are not allowing private messages? Scam?

swoodard

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Profile says they are banned. Hate to break it to you but you might have been taken on this one. Did you look at profile beforehand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So are these scammers reaching out to people who have “Want to Buy” adds posted and PMing them directly??? Maybe time to prevent “Want to Buy” and have guys search what’s available and already posted for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Luckily I paid for goods and services so hopefully PayPal will come through for me. It’s too bad this is happening.

swoodard

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I agree with x. Or, have some sort of financial account link requirement to buy or sell. I’m sure they’ll find a way around either of those in time too though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Luckily I paid for goods and services so hopefully PayPal will come through for me. It’s too bad this is happening.

Solid work... PayPal hasn’t let me down yet (no issues here ever, but some through other sites). It’ll probably take you a while to get a refund though.

nmiller08

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
He reached out to me on a WTB ad as well, his grammar and syntax were a little odd but not horrible. Then I saw he’d only been a member a couple months and his only posts were nonsense. Stay wary

enve77

WKR
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
He reached out to me as well for my WTB ad and when I asked for him to text me pics to confirm the goods I got no response! I too seen his post history was a bit shady! PayPal has been good to me for years I'm sure you'll get a refund just takes time!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
He had PM me also on an older WTB ad of mine. His grammar was pretty bad. I didn’t even bother responding as I figured it was a scam. I usually get pics texted to me now. If it’s a high priced item I have in the past asked for a certain name or date to be written on a paper and also in the picture just to verify it’s a real picture not one taken off google. Most sellers that are genuine or a good guy will easily understand and pics are easy to take and send these days.

Nate450

WKR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same guy tried to scam me with a 22 mag bag in fusion.. Crappy grammar just like ever one said.. Only wanted to talk threw email.. Then found out he had sent me pics of a bag that another member had owned and posted pics in this site.. Kept pushing for Pay pal F&F.. I called him out on the pics and he quit responding.. Can’t we report his emails to PayPal or would they do anything with him?

nmiller08

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Got him back on the line, the irony of his email “purecon” is pretty funny. Beware this new PayPal address. I’ll try forwarding it to PayPal:

On Nov 28, 2018, at 6:00 AM, Pure Cone <[email protected]> wrote:
Yes please still for sale
Please send payment to new Paypal email as friends and family
[email protected].
I can only receive as family and friends because I have pending payment yet to be cleared can’t add more

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have a wtb Tarptent notch thread up... this guy told me he had a Notch li for sale for 390$$... the number he text me from was 8636952710...

Bassman

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fairly new to the forum here, but have been on Archery Talk for a while so apologies if this is a FNG question. Curious as to why there is not feedback feature on this forum? I've always appreciated the feedback page on AT, helps weed out the "too good to be true" deals when a member has a killer deal and no feedback.

nmiller08

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
AT’s classifieds are awesome for that feature, wish everyone did it. You want scammer paradise check out the Leatherwall stickbow classifieds. People getting conned left and right because you can’t even see a member’s profile with join date, posts, etc. won’t do a deal on there anymore without talking on the phone with the person.

Fatcamp

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Ar15dotcom has an amazing equipment exchange that handles these issues very well. Maybe take a look at how they do things. I'm sure someone would talk to you about how they set stuff up to make it automatic. I'm not computer literate so it's all black magic to me.

Reliable traders and spacing out bumping sales ads are two items I've seen here lately that might have easy solutions by looking at how they do things.