GB4 - anyone vouch for him?

swoodard

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Anyone vouch for him? Contacted me on WTB add, wants me to pay f&f or he will hold it for 21 days until funds clear? Did send a text, but still cautious. Only one post. Seems odd.

865e01db91c01853ec46228efa380a09.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nmiller08

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Don't do it, he just wants to wait 21 days so he can withdraw the money, close the account, and leave you or Paypal holding the bag (or pressure you into doing FF payment). Paypal payments clear immediately. Joined a week ago and contacts you on a WTB ad...

OP
S

swoodard

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I did. He actually text and called me too, but he doesn’t speak Texan and was hard to understand. Still on the fence. I just have never had to wait 21 days when someone sends me funds for good and services and that is what he is claiming he will have to do.

OP
S

swoodard

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thank nmiller, I figured something was up with that. Here is his phone number btw: 240-825-0419

I suppose someone should ban this guy or are we jumping the gun?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Instantly gave me a sketchy feeling reading the post. I’d pass on this one. My $.02....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’d rather get called a jerk than someone get hosed. I vote scam, no F&F. 3% is cheap ins.

OP
S

swoodard

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m not even comfortable doing goods and services at this point. Deals off and user flagged. Not sure what rokslide needs to shut him down, or if he will be, but he’s on my not deal with list.

Rating - 66.7%
2   1   0
3% is cheap insurance but there’s not many FS items worth dealing with a scammer. I’d bet after it was all said and done you would have paid full retail for new versus dealing with this Jabroni.

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just playing devils advocate but there could be some truth to it. I got a new account recently as my old one was hacked and got this message from PayPal. Only applies to goods and services payments, friends and family is available instantly. I'm new here as well so may credibility may be limited but I've had over 100 transactions successfully on archery talk without a hitch
4828df4b6182c167ea13fb1e5a732646.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

shawn30

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to hijack the thread, but whats wrong with paypal F&F ? I've just noticed people saying not to use it recently...whats up?

EastMT

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Not to hijack the thread, but whats wrong with paypal F&F ? I've just noticed people saying not to use it recently...whats up?

If you purchase something, one you are breaking their rules and could get banned, 2 you are not protected if you get ripped off. All purchases are protected.

nmiller08

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just playing devils advocate but there could be some truth to it. I got a new account recently as my old one was hacked and got this message from PayPal. Only applies to goods and services payments, friends and family is available instantly. I'm new here as well so may credibility may be limited but I've had over 100 transactions successfully on archery talk without a hitch[/IMG]

Well that’s interesting, never heard of that. wonder if it’s a new policy or just for new accounts? Maybe he’s legit after all, lol

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Well that’s interesting, never heard of that. wonder if it’s a new policy or just for new accounts? Maybe he’s legit after all, lol
Yeah I believe it's a policy they initiated for new accounts very recently. It makes sense to prevent scammers and I appreciate how good they are for the buyer when you get scammed, but it makes it a PITA to use goods and services now

nmiller08

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yeah, just checked my account and no changes. That's annoying for the new account holder but it actually makes a lot of sense to protect themselves from eating the cost of reimbursing scammed buyers.

OP
S

swoodard

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well, I think I’ll let someone else be the new accounts first funds received. No worth the potential risk if it’s not legit.