New member from michigan #2

Grizz23

FNG
Hello from south east Michigan. I happened to stumble upon this forum while searching backpack hunting gear and have been browsing it for the last week or so now and decided to join. I've been hunting whitetail for as long as I can remember and have got the bug to go West for larger game. I'm looking at next year for my first out west hunt.

Welcome to Rokslide. Nice to see more from Michigan. There is a ton of usefull info from a bunch of very knowledgable people.

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Hello from south east Michigan. I happened to stumble upon this forum while searching backpack hunting gear and have been browsing it for the last week or so now and decided to join. I've been hunting whitetail for as long as I can remember and have got the bug to go West for larger game. I'm looking at next year for my first out west hunt.
Did you make it out West this year? I’m starting to network with some Michigan hunters who do or plan to.

zacattack

WKR
From East Lansing here. I made it out to Wyoming for a pronghorn hunt this year. If y’all are trying to get a group together let me know.

Six years ago at deer camp I said life is too short after talking about going elk hunting out west for years and said next year we're going. We've been out west three times now. Love being out there. I remember when we complained about a 1/4 mile walk to a deer blind in michgan. Now we are going 3-6 miles out west. Totally changes your perspective.

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
From East Lansing here. I made it out to Wyoming for a pronghorn hunt this year. If y’all are trying to get a group together let me know.

Hope your hunt went well. I’m definitely looking into getting together.
Frank

OP
G

Grizz23

FNG
Starting with 14 but could change due to weather put there right now

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
We were south of you in 481 last year. Near Buena Vista and Salina. My first time and I can’t wait to get back.

LMWmi76

FNG
Welcome I from Fowlerville little town east of Lansing. I just got back from my fist elk successful CO elk hunt. Have any questions just ask.

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome I from Fowlerville little town east of Lansing. I just got back from my fist elk successful CO elk hunt. Have any questions just ask.
Congrats! Let’s see a pic of what you got. Guided or not, backcountry or not, hike, horse, truck camp?

LMWmi76

FNG
Congrats! Let’s see a pic of what you got. Guided or not, backcountry or not, hike, horse, truck camp?
Backcountry in a designated wilderness area. We rode in on horses. But once we got to our location it was all on foot. It was a drop camp.

Attachments

• 054C66BF-2BF7-4D2E-A5E5-2108B21E690B.jpeg
    054C66BF-2BF7-4D2E-A5E5-2108B21E690B.jpeg
    672.2 KB · Views: 7
  • D92B50B9-4C05-4A06-B31A-3C8F3547CA22.jpeg
    D92B50B9-4C05-4A06-B31A-3C8F3547CA22.jpeg
    628.6 KB · Views: 7

mcfd45

FNG
From clinton township. Probably gonna do antelope in 2021 with some friends. Then elk after that.