FNG from NorCal

srfdmatty

Lil-Rokslider
Hi everyone! FNG from Sonoma County Ca. I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to introduce myself. I'm a firefighter by trade and have been hunting Blacktail Deer, Pheasants and wild hogs since I was a kid.
I appreciate all of the articles and personal information that folks have posted on here. It has truly helped me learn to be a better hunter. It has also helped me teach my kids about hunting to help them be more successful. Thank you Rokslide!
My daughter just started hunting this year and although she missed a nice Blacktail a few weeks back she did take a large wild boar on the same hunt. So proud of that girl!
A goal of mine has always been to take a mature Mule Deer and I finally decided to get after it. I read Mr. Denning's book and it was amazing! Had a hard time putting the book down with those great stories about big Mule Deer. Headed to Idaho in a few weeks for my first back country Mule Deer hunt and ready to start learning. Thanks again for being a great place to learn about hunting!
Matt

amassi

WKR
Welcome fellow Californian
Good luck in idaho, if you get dirty looks just let them know your only hunting not thinking of moving there

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

boom

WKR
SWEET. good luck.

i'm also in Sonoma CO..

hey, thanks for helping in putting out that small fire last year.!! :D

OP
srfdmatty

srfdmatty

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks boom! It was a crazy month with no rest and missed out on a mule tag I drew in CA x3b but it was an honor to work for the people of our community. Glad to see all the people rebuilding in Sonoma county after the fires and putting their lives back together. Leave for Idaho on Friday so pretty excited to get off the grid and do some hard hunting!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk