Central TX FNG

skywalkr

Lil-Rokslider
After seeing this board pop up in my google results for a lot of my recent hunting questions I figured I might as well check this place out beyond those specific threads. I must say, I’m glad I stumbled upon this place because it is really a great resource and seems to be a pretty great community as well.

As for me, I’m a newish, self taught hunter who was motivated by Rinella and crew to get started. This is my third year deer hunting and each year has gotten better and better. First year it was just two does to get my hands dirty, last year I got my first buck, then a better buck, and then one doe. This year I started off with a bang and got a real nice axis buck and hoping to add to the freezer still.

I’m lucky to live in such a densely populated area for deer and while I’m not a fan of the high fence exotic ranches in Texas I do enjoy how some escaped and now I come across axis now and then and occasionally a blackbuck antelope.

I want to improve my all around hunting skills as well as my long distance marksmanship. Then when funds and time allows it I’d love to get out west and go on some mule deer/elk hunts. My dream hunt is a moose hunt in Alaska but that one might take a while.