Oregon New Guy

DBAshland

FNG
Hi folks, Dave from southern Oregon here. I found Rokslide recently and am impressed by the wealth of info here! I'm a long-time backcountry recreationist (backpacking, skiing, rafting) and now in my early 60s have decided I want to start hunting. Looking forward to learning from all of you.

BenFrank

FNG
That's awesome that you're getting into hunting. I imagine that it could be intimidating getting into something that most folks have been doing there whole life. Oregon sometimes gets a bad wrap as having less quality hunting than some other western states but there is still plenty of opportunity IMO. I'm over in central OR but I hear there is a good turkey population down your way. Might be a fun way to get your feet wet this spring. Good luck!

OP
D

DBAshland

FNG
Funny you should mention that, but was just thinking that spring turkey hunting might be a great thing to try!

Devenk89

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome! I'm just north of you, i've done quite a bit of hiking in Oregon, primarily in the Gorge

slick

WKR
I’m in southern OR also. Heck, we might live in the same town. Lots of opportunity if you’re willing to look for it out here.