Hello Everybody!

FurNflint

FNG
Lurker turned member finally. Sittin in the Land of Lincoln(illinois). Planning first trip to CO hopefully this year. Wife is dieing to see mountains , so i convinced her to take a summer trip so she can enjoy the views and i can familiarize myself. Been scouring google earth and plan on getting onX and gohunt soon. Having the opportunity to pre scout would give me an edge i would think. Not wanting your sanctuary but whats a good area to start? . I love the planning and learning of an area and making it pay dividends. Have only had the chance to make my research payoff here in Illinois. Want a well earned respectful mulley. Ive never put a tape to a whitetail so inches dont mean alot , but maturity does. Just want to get my feet wet and see if i can get it done! Thanks for any pointers in advance and hope to make some friends here as well! FnF

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome FnF
First thing you need to research what units you can draw in Colorado with your points which I assume from your intro is zero. Don't worry you'll have some archery deer units you can draw with zero points. You can check out toprut for draw odds or use a service like go hunt if your a member. One you narrow down your choices pull out the maps and see that unit holds for topography. I agree planning is half the fun of a trip. Good luck

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk