Patience

Ray P

FNG
This will be my first year in pursuit of select animals. Trying to become a better hunter. Been seeing a better than average Fl buck on camera. Yesterday was the opener here in Fl. Had a small 6 pt at 17 yards, that was hard not to draw on him as he browsed perfectly broadside for 5 minutes. When he finally moved on, it was actually a decent feeling. Decided not to go to the blind this morning as it is 85 degrees, 100 percent humidity already. Yesterday I was pouring sweat so I dont want to completely contaminate my blind.

OP
Ray P

Ray P

FNG
3 hunts and 3 different small bucks. Still hotter than Hades in Fl. Getting easier just watching the deer do what deer do. Starting to wonder if the buck I was watching all summer on camera is smarter than me.........he hasnt had his pic taken in 2 weeks. Definately changing my mind on how deer move, the bigger 6 pt is always on camera between 1 and 3 pm. The big 8 I have been watching was always between 1 and 2 pm and late nite. Gonna change up my tactics the next few days.

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
Well I hope you get the buck you want. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
Ray P

Ray P

FNG
Well, 3 weeks and 7 sits. Have seen plenty of smaller bucks and does, but not the 8 im looking for. I still get him on camera however. Lately its always between 9 pm and 6 am. Over the weekend he walked the trail 30 mins before i arrived. Still 90 plus degrees here with a big moon last 7 days. Now we have hurricane Micheal to deal with. Im in the big bend of Fl, so storm should stay about 200 miles west of me. They are calling for heavy rain squalls and gusty winds up to 40 mph here. I am going to take advantage for sure and hope they are moving tomorrow morning. If not, its getting real hard to keep passing on these smaller bucks. Im curious how it will be should i encounter him, its getting very easy and relaxing in the presence of deer, where i used to get jittery everytime they passed by me.