Emptying the bucket list in Canada

jwb300

WKR
Couldn't have asked for a better trip to Canada. I was fortunate to take some nice animals in tough conditions. The moose was the only one I had an opportunity on in 10 days and the caribou was taken in the last hour of the last day. Did over 150km on horse back during the trip.

The Bison was an absolute dream come true and I took that 10 minutes into the first day and then didn't see another. Moose was taken at 360m with a 300WM and 165gr Barnes TTSX's. Caribou was at 250m with the same medicine. I borrowed a mates rifle for the Bison which was a 378 Wby with 250gr Hornady GMX's and it was taken with 4 shots at 12m. A pretty awesome experience being so close to such a monumental beast.

Here are some pics from the trip.

14 horse pack train riding to spike camp over a high plateau
UjkoyJH.jpg

Spike camp
oF3fwvT.jpg

Moose
8DSSA9I.jpg

sNjXTuL.jpg

tgdA765.jpg

Quartered and caped the moose into the night with a plan to return with horses in the morning to retrieve the meat
NG9AkLD.jpg

A griz buried the moose overnight but fortunately didn't touch the cape. We unburied the meat and loaded it cautiously. Soon after leaving the carcass the bear came out of the brush right where we were.
JAQh2U0.jpg

Good condition
WODzTY1.jpg

OP
jwb300

jwb300

WKR
Mountain Caribou
BgcrJO6.jpg

fO0AIlM.jpg

Free range wild bison. Words can't explain the enormity and impressiveness of these animals.
4BpOC5y.jpg

Grouse and morels - one of the best wild game meals I've ever had
bNVAPT9.jpg

fNmo36F.jpg

I was fortunate to have been invited out for a day of Sturgeon fishing on the Fraser River
tfiRL5Z.jpg

Thanks for looking. JWB

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Simply amazing trip! Congratulations looks like you'll need a bigger bucket next time around.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

K

Kootenay Hunter

Congrats on a successful trip, what a lifetime highlight!