Bozeman

kmcoop7

FNG
Hello All. I just moved to Bzn this summer and am looking for a few partners for rifle elk, Turkey and spring bear. My main passion is Archery elk but am headed back to Colorado to Archery hunt this fall. So I am really just hoping to get in a lot of exploring this fall and have some great spots nailed down for archery elk within 2hrs of Bozeman for next fall.

I have been archery hunting elk for over 2 decades. So I am a pretty experienced partner. I am 39. And have covered a lot of miles in the backcountry of the west from Colorado to BC. I have a background in Mountaineering and am at home in any mountain condition, July to January. I keep myself in excellent shape and can keep up with most.....except those 140lb former college runners!
My style is definately run and gun and prefer to be moving when I am not glassing, listening or calling. I have a really good history of finding prime spots and good elk numbers.....hence why I am headed back to colorado in two weeks. Hard to beat the spot I have there. Not saying any of this to toot my horn.....just looking for a similar hunting partner who likes to cover ground, sleep light and kill elk.

I have time any weekends and usually take a full week in archery season to get out. A lot of my work is in Big Sky so I am also open to early morning or after work hunts in the canyon.

Let me know if you have some interest in grabbing beer to go over some plans or want to get out for any scouting

Kc

I grew up in MT and lived in Bozeman for a couple of years.

There’s definitely some great hunting and fishing very close to you.

I see that nobody has “officially” replied here, but have you met some hunting buddies yet? If I still lived there, I’d definitely show you some spots that have good elk. I just turned 50 and have two children in college, but I can still hit it hard. Not in as good of shape as you are, but still have it. I know that last time I was there, I stopped by a CrossFit gym and they let me workout there. Several of the guys and gals there hunted as we talked about it quite a bit. A few of them were bow hunters too.

I saw that Steve Rinella is going to be at Schnees at 6pm on November 14th for a book signing. You should try to go since there will be all types of hunters there - might be a good place to meet some people with a similar mindset and interests. I was going to be up there close enough to drive into Bozeman just for that event, but looks like my trip is canceled.

PM me with your address and I’ll mail you a couple of turkey calls that I make. I don’t sell them - I just make them to donate to NWTF Banquet auctions and for turkey hunting buddies. Good luck this season!

rcfireninja

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome! I took my first bull in September within an hour of Bozeman and plan on being back next year again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk