How many VA, NC, TN guys/gals around here?

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
I've noticed a few guys on here close by me. The weather is finally changing and season is open. What are you guys up to?

A friend and myself are heading to the mountain Wednesday thru Sunday with good hunting weather in the forecast. It will be whitetails with the opportunity for a bear, hopefully not in camp at night. We scouted yesterday and gathered firewood at camp.

Hope everyone is having a good season with good adventures so far and more to come.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

I'm in Bristol Va. This past weekend really had the deer moving.

no doubt about that. i ended up shooting 3 does in 36 hours from thursday night until saturday midday off 3 different properties. i'm trying to get the freezer full before the rut.

OP
Whitetoptom

Whitetoptom

Lil-Rokslider
no doubt about that. i ended up shooting 3 does in 36 hours from thursday night until saturday midday off 3 different properties. i'm trying to get the freezer full before the rut.
That sounds great. I was 0-2 on saturday. My shooting with the recurve is good on wind age I just can't get the elevation right.

I'm in Winchester, TN. Last weekend was the first decent weather we've had for hunting and of course I had a Navy weekend so haven't been yet. Hopefully I'll have time in the next couple weeks.

Marshall VA here. Opening day was a bust with no deer seen. Hunted last saturday and had deer everywhere with the cold front. Could not close the deal on the buck I wanted to shoot but had an awesome encounter. Headed out to Colorado Thursday morning to for my first elk hunt. It is shaping up to to be a good fall. Hope everyone has a great season!

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
Just found this. I hunt Northern VA from PW county to the Shenandoah valley. Saw a lot moving around week of Thanksgiving. Just drove 60 miles from my place to Winchester and saw a ton of deer moving around on my way.

wiles

FNG
Also just saw this, I’m in Bristol, Tn. Not sure which Mtn you are hunting, but Holston was tough for us this year.....

Finch

WKR
I'm near Roanoke, VA. I killed a couple decent 8 pointers and hoping to tag another this week.

Raleigh NC here

PB Whitetail opening morning, 7 point rough scored at 121" Haven't had much luck since. Expected a great afternoon before the snow but only saw one doe that was a poke and right at last light.

I’m in Richmond, my wife got her first buck on thanksgiving day this year, hopefully it wins the whitetail photo contest! Had a ton of fun hunting with the recurve this year, also having trouble with windage. Wondering if the steep angle from the tree stand is shortening my draw, seems to be harder to hit my anchor point.

4shore

FNG
Close by, I’m on the eastern shore of MD. Been seeing plenty of 100”-115” bucks. Nothing worth shooting. In doe mode now I suppose.

OXN939

WKR
Guess I'm the VB representative. Had a weird year for whitetail here, ended up killing two does but never had a realistic opportunity at a decent mature buck. Fingers crossed spring turkey is more productive.