Video editing app? (for dummies)

FlyGuy

WKR
Looking for help with video editing programs or apps. A buddy of mine who was with me on my hunt last month captured my encounter on video using his iPhone. I am extremely thankful to have that moment captured and I really want to share it with some friends and family, but it's challenging to do so in its current state. Of course, we are not pro's, so there is no intro or monologue, and the encounter is separated into 5-6 videos as he stopped and started. I'd like to clean it all up but I'm not sure where to even start as i have Zero experience with video edits.

My primary PC is a work laptop with a ton of security on it, so I would prefer to use an (android) app on my phone if that is even possible for what I want to do (?). Also, since this is not going to be a new career for me, I'd really like something that is very low investment (or free) and very user friendly with a short learning curve. I don't think that the edits I want to make would require any super highend video editing software (?). I've listed the primary things I'd like to do below and I'm hoping those of you with experience can provide recommendations on the program or app that should meet my needs.

The main things i want to do are:

1 - splice them all into one continuous video

2 - overlay some "closed captioning" text as the whispering can be hard to make out.

3 - overlay a timer to show how long I was at full draw (longest ever hold for me anyway)

4 - in the gaps between videos I would like to place some text on a black screen describing what was happening during that period of time with no video to fill in the storyline and help it flow and still make sense.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

lang

Lil-Rokslider
I am just trying shotcut out. From my homework seemed like one of the better free editing software available. Not sure it will work on a phone, but if it does it is pretty user friendly and should do what you need.

lang

Lil-Rokslider
So have played with shotcut a couple weeks, and am moving on. Seemed great out of the gate. Probably user caused, but seems to have lots of issues that the farther I got seemed to get worse. Never could get audio files added without terrible distortion. Might go back to Roxio or Windows MM.

Vezome

FNG
These all functions you can do with this online service videoconverter.com I often use it to edit my videos for Youtube. It is quite simple, fast and easy in use tool. Also you can download some special video converter with such features on your PC.

joshgrigg

FNG
If you are on an iPhone I would recommend LumaFusion. I think it was $20.00 for the app but was worth every cent. The interface is a little cramped on an iPhone X (due to screen size) but on a larger phone or iPad that wouldn’t be an issue.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
If you're computer will allow you to access it, I think YouTube has a built in editor, I've never used it, I started with Openshot on my computer (free) and now I've got Movie Studio 16 Platinum on there (~$60)

Try doing it on YouTube. I also put together several videos into one. I can also recommend a more professional option, where you can do it faster. This is Sony Vegas. I have a YouTube channel where I post videos after hunting. Sony Vegas has a lot of functionality that can be supplemented with the audio received from Youtube clip converter, combined with a black screen with text between the pieces of video. The result usually comes out great and it doesn't even need to be an advanced user to do this. The interface is intuitive. You should definitely give it a try if you want to make a quality video.

Last edited: