Confession of a alaska master guide

BRWNBR

WKR
I’ve been guiding in Alaska for 20 years now. Half my life. Have ran my own guide business for 14 of those years. I do my best to be honest with people, fair with my clients and treat the wilderness and game with respect. I have turned guided in for violations that I have witnessed, and addressed others on issue that I felt were unethical. I am not perfect, I have made mistakes. I have had bad hunts, trips where everything goes wrong, personalities don’t mesh, Game isn’t anywhere to be found. I’ve had success, bears behind every tree, clients like best friends, everything I touch turns to gold. That’s the life of a guide, sometimes it’s cherries and sometimes it’s hog slop. I have battled my conscience over the years with the direction to take my business, places to invest my money and organizations to partner up with. Some turn my stomach and build my frustration, some I am indifferent to. But a few I have not been able to avoid and have tossed my hat in with them in the hopes of bettering my business with a business relation ship with them. But in as much as I have tried to remain neutral, I have fallen short. It is with much sadness and embarrassment that I break it here in these forums first, as I’m sure word will get out at some point and it is best that I admit to it now and not face scrutiny behind my back. I wanted to let everyone know that today I broke down and crossed a line that I myself have picking on people for, ridiculed clients choices and pokes fun at friends for. I ordered Kuiu gaiters.

There I said it. It’s out. The weight on my shoulders is lifted and my spirit free with confession. Don’t think less of me. I did get them in a solid color so I can scribble out the logo with a sharpie though. I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement thru this process, it was a struggle for me.

Haha, I was thinking...”Jesus what did this poor guy do???!!!”

Hey, kuiu gaiters are the only kuiu I own...I tried a few a things, but the gaiters made the cut. Good choice.

It's big of you come out of the closet. But I doubt that will save your business with this crowd.

Best wishes (as TAPS plays)

nrh6.7

WKR
Somehow I'm reminded of Clint Eastwood's confession in Gran Torino!!

Well, I bought from Kuiu once, but they were Scarpa boots at 50% off.

elkguide

WKR
Man am I glad that I don't have a hunt booked with you!!!!

The bears are already laughing and pointing at you.
No self respecting animal will ever want to be even seen on the same hillside as you!!!!!

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
That is some funny crap right there.....
I own a 97 Peloton hoodie and the wife has a pack from Kuiu. Their clothing takes a backseat to no ones and in fact I like it better than most.

MTNRCHR

Lil-Rokslider
Slippery slope sir...
Gators are the "gateway" drug to full on addiction!!

At least take them off for the trophy photos. lol

VernAK

WKR
Your guiding area should be limited to the Mountain View area of Anchorage as those gators
would be like camo there and you'd blend right in.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Funniest thing I’ve heard or read all day. Nice.
They do make some awesome gaiters.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I am rethinking that goat hunt we talked about ...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Afhunter1

WKR
I have a pair too. Coyote in color and my only piece of Kuiu gear. We can compare them in 3 years and 2 month, but who’s counting.

Ha ha. Can’t wait!!!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn funny! ;)
(buying the kuiu gaiters part......at least you could have said that they were given to you.)

Randy

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad you didn’t tell me this last night while we were conversing. Prob woulda ended it right then and if you’d ordered moo cow pattern or swapped out your green hoody for it I’d block your number....😂

In all seriousness, hopefully you used their guide program. They make some quality gear that’s been proven solid.

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
It just happened today. I’m still shell shocked. Green hoody. Never leaving. I own two of them.