Dalton's first sheep hunt in DCUA

OP
AK Troutbum
Thank you for sharing that with us. I would like to buy you a beer the next time you are in Pa.

By golly, I think I’ll take you up on that. We usually go down to the Pittsburgh area every fall/winter and do a little bow hunting for whitetail, PM me your # and I’ll give you a holler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations to both of you on a great ram and an awesome adventure. I can’t wait until our daughter is old enough to do some of her own hunting. Also glad your little swim wasn’t any worse than it was...man that looked cold!

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome hunt and congrats to you both!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that swamped a packraft on a sheep hunt this year!!!

Snyd

WKR
Now you've gone and done it! He's ruined for sure!.... I can hear him telling the story 30 years from now..... "yup.... shot my first ram right between the eyes at 600yds...:cool:"

Way to go guys, way to go.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
What a great adventure for you two to share; that memory will last forever.

Decker9

WKR
I love seeing these family hunting trips! That’s one tough little man! Thank you for sharing, and a huge congrats to both of you!!

OP
AK Troutbum
Congratulations to both of you on a great ram and an awesome adventure. I can’t wait until our daughter is old enough to do some of her own hunting. Also glad your little swim wasn’t any worse than it was...man that looked cold!

Thanks Becca. I’m very much looking forward to hearing about Molly’s hunting adventures here in the not too distant future, I’m sure that she’ll have many.

PG13

FNG
Thanks for the big effort, Dad and a big congratulations to Mr. Dalton. I hunted the same tag from the Richardson side and we had a great time and saw some neat country and critters but we couldn't find an accessible legal ram during our 8-day stay. My first time sheep hunting but not likely my last. Moose camp with my 8-year old should scratch the itch and be a little more forgiving. I laughed out loud that you got live shots of your packraft mishap. Dangerous but fun to walk away from unharmed.

CTobias

Lil-Rokslider
I hear ya. I have a 10 year old daughter that has been on my case to take her on a hunt now for the last year, and this was just more fuel for the fire.

That's what I like to hear! It is nice to have a really good excuse to buy more rifles. In fact, I should probably start shopping for them now. Who knows what the cost of a rifle will be by the time they're both old enough to get out there. 7-8 years is a long time. Haha.

Great story and congrats. I know how easy it is to get caught up in the moment and lose clarity.

Also, I believe all planes registered in the US start with 'N'

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Great photos and writing together with an awesome adventure. Thanks for sharing

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Greg, you can tell your adventures anytime! Thanks for the writeup and congrats to Dalton.
Maybe he may want a high country mule deer sometime?? Offer still stands.

Randy

OP
AK Troutbum
Greg, you can tell your adventures anytime! Thanks for the writeup and congrats to Dalton.
Maybe he may want a high country mule deer sometime?? Offer still stands.

Randy
Keep it up Randy, and you may be getting a knock on your door one of these fall days.:) Man, I would love to do a high country elk hunt someday. As far as the number one hunt on my bucket list, that I could afford and that wouldn't be too difficult (logistically speaking), Rocky Mt. elk would be it. Something I've never done, but have always wanted to do.

Congrats to Dalton! Thanks for taking me along on your father-son adventure. Excellent write up and photos......