Dall Sheep - Nine Days of Fun

Fingers crossed for day nine. Lots of wind effect at 400 yards, can't say as I would have made that shot.

140 ETip @2800 FPS with a full value 15 MPH wind he's probably looking at 16-18" of wind drift which would explain it if not accounted for. It looks like he was about 8" low too.

OP
R

Randy Newberg

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Redemption for Marcus.

Part 9 below.

[video=youtube_share;m1weE84z8d0]https://youtu.be/m1weE84z8d0[/video]

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for sharing the series Randy. That was without a doubt the best representation of backpack sheep hunting in Alaska I've seen. Huge congrats to you both!

I'm so glad Marcus tipped one over. He's been working hard. I feel for Randy dealing with his liver condition most of the trip. I know he would have loved to be up there getting Marcus a sheep. Amazing footage. I think this was at the top of the footage Newberg has produced.

Fatcamp

WKR
140 ETip @2800 FPS with a full value 15 MPH wind he's probably looking at 16-18" of wind drift which would explain it if not accounted for. It looks like he was about 8" low too.

Ya. Hard to tell what it was doing in all three spots. Glad it was a clean miss and worked out in the end. Beautiful ram.

AdamW

WKR
My wife is a great sport but before hunting season she starts the eye roll with hunting content. She is HOOKED on this Dall series. I'm excited to see Marcus behind a ram, I hope that's not click bait of him behind your sheep!

AKBorn

WKR
Thank you for sharing the series Randy. That was without a doubt the best representation of backpack sheep hunting in Alaska I've seen. Huge congrats to you both!

You hit the nail on the head - this shows the work sheep hunting requires better than any videos I have seen. Congrats to both Randy and Marcus, and great job to Branson as well.

todd h

FNG
Great video! This is the most accurate video showing what a sheep hunt truly is like. The highs and lows of backpack sheep hunting in Alaska. Great job randy and Marcus. Well earned trophies.

Jimbob

WKR
One of the best hunting videos I have seen. Really told the story well. I loved to see an "older" guy get it done with the young guys. For me, though Marcus is the star of this hunt. My favourite part of all 9 clips is the short tiny messed up video of his kill shot. The emotion you here in the background is telling of the effort that was put forth to accomplish that. A bunch of up and downs and then right there at that moment it came together. Man, hunting is awesome and this video captured it. Thanks.

Awesome footage and congrats on 2 great rams. I was told by more than one person not to eat sheep meat the day it is harvested or you will have crazy dreams at night. Did any of you experience this?

fatbacks

WKR

I'd echo this as well... looks like you guys got a proper sheep hunt! Congrats!

Russp17

WKR
What a hunt! Really enjoyed it and I'm glad you got that off your bucket list Randy!

CJF

WKR
Looks like misery....really fun misery!! I enjoyed watching this series!

Dhosera

FNG
This is just AWESOME! Just returned myself last week from a Alpine Grizz & Bou hunt in the Talkeetna Range where we had a sheep tag in pocket but chose not to pursue those critters. That hunt was the most physically challenging hunt I've ever done and that was a drop in the bucket compared to what you guys endured. Best representation of the true story behind Alpine hunting I've seen to date! Congrats to ALL!