So you got your ram, now it is time to eat...

Stid2677

WKR
when i grind my axis venison for burger i usually add some bacon so it doesnt dry out to quick. do you cut your ground sheep with anything?

I just add sheep fat,, I save as much of the clean fat and also add the ribs trimmed from the bone to my grind.

wantj43

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to imagine sheep meat could taste any better than when cooked on a stick or hot flat rock over a willow or crowberry vine fire!
Joe

Hard to imagine sheep meat could taste any better than when cooked on a stick or hot flat rock over a willow or crowberry vine fire!
Joe

You and me both Joe!
f4781ca1d725061adfa80134fadad4c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRWNBR

WKR
I got crowberries, never tried to burn them though. You pull them up and burn the roots or what? Them lil buggers aren’t any bigger than cranberries.

wantj43

Lil-Rokslider
No - that looks like "cassiope". Burns great as you know, but we usually pulled it then tied the roots with stems in tight overhand knots so it would burn longer - did the same with crow berry plants. Both burn "really" fast but will boil water in a tin can and cook meat cut thin.
Joe

wantj43

Lil-Rokslider
We never heated a tent with it, but made a lot of tea and cooked a lot of thinly cut meat late while resting and waiting for better light.
Never thought about making a little stove from a gallon can. Bet it would work great.
Joe
Really enjoying the all the sheep meat pictures. Thanks for posting.

OP
S

Sobie2

FNG
Sheep steaks sat in BBQ sauce during the work day! Then plated with potatoes and rice.

ff5add61f7ffd3bd99da4d41d1724cab.jpg

Sobie2

OP
S

Sobie2

FNG
Tonight we had Sheep—kababs. Marinate sheep in teriyaki and Montreal Steak seasoning, then assemble your skewers and coat with BBQ sauce, 400 deg for 25 minutes.

03241b3c23cc2cc71a58ce1eeecba9ba.jpg

Sobie2

30c91e4973150e5dddc4498a9fb69f71.jpg

Post didn’t work before.

Sobie2

pacific-23

Lil-Rokslider
Sheep Korean lettuce wraps for dinner tonight. Cucumber, carrot, avocado, and brown rice to go inside the lettuce leaves with the meat. Meat was marinated in sriracha, ginger, garlic, brown sugar and fish sauce, grilled super hot and sliced. Took the marinade and put in the food processor with some peanut butter and made sweet/spicy peanut sauce and cooked on low for awhile. Put all the fixings and peanut sauce, lime, fish sauce etc on the table and we had a build your own style dinner. No pics but it was damn good!

jhm2023

WKR
Sheep steaks with just a little fresh ground Himalayan pink salt and creole seasoning seared in a black iron skillet, no need to cover the taste with sauce or marinade in my opinion. Another favorite is a sheep burger topped with pepper jack cheese, a fried egg (over medium), and some thick sliced peppered bacon on a toasted ciabatta bun.

OP
S

Sobie2

FNG
Worcester sauce, minced garlic, Montreal steak seasoning, grill 5 min per side then 2.5 min with cheese.

b29d097a26b0bc1cf4e5516afa83b662.jpg

Sobie2