No Spotter

bbags1

FNG
Sheep hunt without a spotter....only if you are a meat hunter in an any ram area...which is a rare combination. Having a spotter in sheep country can save you from needless stalks in painful country.

If I had to choose between taking my binos or taking my spotter on a sheep hunt, I would leave the binos every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If going with a guide he will have binos and a spotting scope. In that case I don’t carry my spotter assuming he has a quality spotter. If two of us are backpack hunting DIY together we only take one scope. Bottom line you need a spotter but there maybe times you do not carry it on a sheep hunt, at least in my experience in CO, NV, AK, BC and the NWT.

chasewild

WKR
Hunted ewes this fall without a spotter (only because my spotter was stolen).

We had to get real close to make sure a 5" ewe did not have balls and that cost us a few minutes of evaluation.

But there is no way, not ever, that I'd hunt rams without a spotter. Never.

Snyd

WKR
I actually think hunting is looking for something you can’t see. Lol however I know exactly what your saying, just struck me as funny

Ha! Ya, never thought of it that way! How about this.... You can't KILL what you can't see!

Jimss

WKR
I would agree with all the posts other than leaving a spotter behind if on a guided hunt. There's no way I'd be sitting for hours upon hours and not have a scope to search for and watch sheep! I enjoy finding and watching game just as much as hunting them! There's always a good chance that I would spot rams that my guide might miss!

Snyd

WKR
I don’t know about that either. I sure didn’t see that moose that jumped out in front of my truck last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang... you're right... you guys are killin me and you can't see me!!