2018 Idaho Unit 11-13-18 RMBS Random Tag-"Notification, Prequel, Training"-Part One

2018 Idaho Unit 11-13-18 RMBS Random Tag-"Notification, Prequel, Training"-Part One

Here is a narrative of the events of the Grand Adventure 2018: Hunt Code 5001 Idaho w/ Jon Barker and Friends
JRjgcjw.png

Random Draw Notification Unit 11June 8, 2018. Posted on the Idaho Game and Fish Website. I really had to look twice.
QpaPIAV.jpg

2018-"Kit #1" Unit 11 Hunt 5001
6/29/18- I received via USPS what is known as "Kit #1" for obtaining nasal swab samples, tissue and blood upon successful harvest. The bacteria carried by the vector, domestic sheep, is uniformly fatal to entire herds of wild & native sheep. Wild sheep and domestic sheep mixing is a recipe for decimation of entire pockets of bighorn sheep herds. I did my part and turned in the swabs and tissue samples to the Idaho G & F Regional Office within 48 hours.
qH3yTAM.jpg

"The One RMBS Unit 11 Tag" for 2018-Random Draw.
F38xi4q.jpg

7/21/18 Steps/Hill 95 degrees/85% humiidity
Brutal heat/humidity w two sessions of 90 minutes steps/hill, with 10-minute break in between, with 55lb backpack. Earbuds blowing "Best of Drive By Truckers" and "Crossroads 2010 Live" w Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood. Lead Guitar rifts keep me moving!
bswzeVK.jpg

Rare photo from an undisclosed source.
The ram looking right at you went over 204 net B&C. Native American hunter took this ram in Unit 13 2-3 years ago. Verified by several sources up to and including board members of Idaho WSF. The auction hunter, the next year...a six-figure tag, took one of the rams from this group and it went over 180 net B&C, and 15 minutes after that the raffle tag hunter took the next biggest ram from same group. It was a bit of a shootout...within 20 minutes of shooting time on opening day.
9BXiwzq.jpg

Post-bike ride in July
Hot and Humid but good aerobic activity
DWD

Last edited:

Mtnboy

WKR
Thanks for sharing!

One of the best Big Horn tags available.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Diddywahdiddy
Thank you for viewing! Per official B&C scorer this week, the ram scored 186 1/8 net.
DWD