2018-idaho-unit-11-13-18-Training Diversions-Take a Break From Training

Some diversions from training...
SWVtydI.jpg

"The Good Stuff"-I like the smoky flavor of this vintage. From the bar at "Teloache" Restaurant in NYC while visiting in July our daughter (and boyfriend) who is an Asstnt District Attorney in Brooklyn...a long way from her Southern Roots.
m8tKpV3.jpg

"Imagine Dragons 'Evolve' Tour"-The high energy live concert on a Mississippi July evening was standing room only. Priceless and tight show-2.5 hours of energy!
grKBPK4.jpg

Between lead singer Dan Reynolds' vocals and gymnastic performance and lead guitarist Wayne Sermon's electric rifts...totally get why their "Evolve" tour was sold out from Los Angeles to London to Moscow...
9cfAssD.jpg

A quick Fri-Sun business trip in July-HOT!- to Vegas, having dinner at a Vegas Classic Italiano restaurant across from Bellagio and Caesar's Palace. I hate Vegas but the business trip was mandatory. Everything is so fake and totally sucking the ground water and Colorado River dry...How long will it survive?
WAeyu3Q.jpg

Chris Stapleton in concert. Another break from the training schedule w live music on a MS Summer night at a local amphitheater-same as the Imagine Dragons venue. Chris is quite a songwriter and rips that Fender Stratocaster to shreds!
yYQ4d3T.jpg

Salomon Hikers-Lightweight and Tough-IMHO-not a professional endorsement!!
Early July 2018. The Kenetrek non-insulated Mountain Extremes worked well for the Yukon and northern British Columbia...but I was wanting something lighter, with adequate ankle support and consistent traction for sidehills and long, rocky traverses. These Salomon GTX hikers were perfect in every way, and at least 2lbs lighter than the K'treks. After "Phase One" and "Phase Two", along with good gaiters to keep the cactus and other "sticky stuff" out, these boots were flawless and we did some serious sidehilling/traversing over boulder and scree fields.
e3dxruq.jpg

I had shot multiple times over the summer back in MS. On arrival to Idaho, I shot at Barker's farm at 200yds, 300yds-w/in an inch of the bullseye-and this is the two-shot group at 400yds. I had told Jon that "With a once-in-a-lifetime tag" I'm not going to do any "long-range" shooting but want to get closer than 300 yards. The rifle is "on" but with staring down a potentially "Book" ram...to err is human...and I wanted to get close enough for a quick, sure, and clean kill, which we did at 238 yards.
Okay...the next series starting tomorrow morning, before I help my wife get the home ready for family visiting from points elsewhere for Thanksgiving dinner and evening adult beverages and talks around the fire pit, I will show probably "Part One, Two, Three" of some real Idaho country and multiple rams leading up to "The Ram" and "Success" photos from an unknown canyon somewhere off of Wapshilla Ridge. Time to go to work.
Happy Thanksgiving to all-we are so lucky to live and enjoy this country of ours, despite all the political static these days.
DWD

Last edited: