2018 Idaho Unit 11-13-18 RMBS Hunt Phase One Part One

In between, Jon's good friend and guide Mike Beamish, and I stopped for a good hour and marveled at the artistry of "The Ancients". Mike would often stop and take in the artistry, and he was thrilled that I was also fascinated..."too many hunters come in here, fill their tags and blast out of here. They don't take in the history and culture". We had a great time walking and climbing among the petroglyphs and me taking pics n vids. There were so many petroglyphs from thousands of years ago. It was really humbling to take in the history and culture, and to think several thousand years ago...man took time to make art on the rock faces along the river.
P843Aj3.jpg

Day One Phase One. Beautiful. Some are over 4,000 years old. You can see the bighorn and up above the human figure, the apparent figure of a cougar/bear ?, and at the top is a huge bull elk.
jx1L3cH.jpg

All over the rocks of "Buffalo Eddy" were almost 100 figures of humans with outstretched arms holding these "paddles" (?)...I don't know, but the figures were everywhere we looked. Fascinating.
Cnyyrrf.jpg

Here, in the Northwest, is the ubiquitous "flute player" of the Hopi/Zuni of the Desert Southwest. Humans have always been curious, travelers, and wondering what's around the next corner. So, here on a rock face in Idaho...is the same figure I have seen along the Santa Clara river outside Ivins, UT about a 90 minute drive N of Vegas.
4eTdvNf.jpg

Day One Phase One. Look closely. You see many human forms with arms outstretched as if "look, stop here, this is a great hunting and fishing area". You see bighorns, elk, mountain goats. Amazing.

Last edited: