Tok Management Area

Rick L

FNG
I drew the 2018 DS102 TMA permit. First time I ever applied for a drawing hunt in Alaska. Beginners luck I guess. I called 40 mile air a few minutes after learning the results. They seamed to be overwhelmed with callers. They took my name and number and said they would call me back. A few hours later they called and said they only had a few locations remaining. I locked in a Fly in to Joe Young creek on the Robertson river forks. After the dust settled I got on my maps to look at my future hunting area. To my suprise I can't find a shred of info about Joe Young creek on maps, google searches, lists of streams, forum searches, etc. Has anyone hunted or have knowledge of this area? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

wantj43

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations!
Might try talking with the area biologist in Fairbanks or Tok.
Joe

AKducks

FNG
Don't be afraid to walk in. there is lots of good sheep terrain close to the road. Do some training trips in the summer and scout (good training as well)

The Tok management area is pretty dope. 40 mile air is a top notch outfit as well. I may be a little bias as this was my first trip to Alaska and my first sheep hunt but the area didn’t disappoint. Saw about fifty sheep, thirty caribou, a moose, black bear, grizzly with two cubs and a wolverine. I had a blast and I wasn’t even hunting, just along to help.