Crispi Idaho

Crispi Idaho (updated 9/30)

I am very impressed with these boots. I wore a pair, new out of the box (which was stupid) on a 7 day hunt. The first night/day involved some very steep climbing, and I got hot spots on both heels. One developed into a blister. A little Gorilla tape on one side and some Bodyglide on the other and away I went. Once the boots broke in, they were very comfortable. Once the blister dried up after a few days, I was able to remove the tape and finish the hunt with no discomfort.

These boots are a nice blend of supportive, without being too stiff. The sole on them is a little softer rubber than my Lowas, and the shank is definitely more flexible. I was a little unsure of the taller top, but given how light these things are it's a nice feature.

I think these will make an outstanding elk hunting boot, chukar hunting boot, and backpack hunting boot. For day hunting, I think I would probably opt for my Lowa Zephyrs, unless it was super steep terrain. The sidehill traction on the Idahos is very good, as should be expected from the sole design.

I have very narrow feet and really have to cinch the laces up, and also had to do a little voodoo lacing at first to keep my heel locked in until the boots broke in. If these fit your foot type, I think you will be happy with them for an early season boot.

Last edited:

ltlacorn

FNG
I got a pair of Idaho last year and have been very impressed with them. For being a uninsulated boot they are still plenty warm. I wore them snow shoeing last winter and stayed plenty warm. I would recommend these boots too.

OP
Jason Snyder
I just got home from another week long trip. This time it was snowy, foggy, rainy, and in general darned wet. The Nikwax waterproofing gave up the ghost by about the third day, but all in all my feet stayed dry and warm.

I put them to the test with a load of meat, coming down a VERY steep hill. We dropped 1300 feet in a little over a half mile. The next day, my feet felt fine. These boots are really getting broken in now, and I like them more and more each trip.

Tiger Rag

WKR
Really like my Crispi Wild's, just wish they had a stiffer shank. Fit is great for my narrow foot.