Boot Month: Boot Break in and Maintenance - Win a Package from Lathrops & Sons!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
attachment.php

While researching my Lowa Bighorn boot from L&S, I asked Stephen quite a few questions about boot maintenance. Here is an article on what I learned that might help you properly break-in any boot.
http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/footwear/317-boot-break-in-and-maintenance

As a bonus for being a Rokslide member Stephen of Lathrop & Sons is going to offer up a free boot/footbed combo to one lucky Rokslide member. However, there is a catch, you have to play to win. You must call in and order a boot/footbed combination between today and February 16th, 2015 to be entered. You need to provide your Rokslide user name and let the folks at Lathrop & Son’s know you are participating in the Rokslide promotion when buying. Stephen will throw all the names in a hat, draw one, and that lucky hunter will get his full purchase price refunded. Odds are dependent on total sales, but should be good!
http://www.lathropandsons.com/ 1-618-544-8782

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI guys Last 3 days of the Illinois whitetail season! So as you can imagine James and I will have bow in hand treestand her we come.
If you miss us leave a message we will get back with you on Monday. Have a great weekend.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
charvey, no, that is why they are designed with the low heat. The one I have (propane) only uses a little heat to circulate air in the boot, not really "heat" the boot up. I'd guess the electric ones don't get hot either, but just circulate air.

Stephen, you got any thoughts on this?

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I was wondering the same thing Charvey9. I have used the Peet boot dryers for years but would be interested in what boot company rep would say. Heck I like them so much I bought them for all my employees this Christmas.

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
We will need Steve to chime in to get the expert's opinion, but if I think back to our interview I think what Steve was referring to folks who used a heat source to heat up their boots as they apply a treatment. Also warming your boots to close to a fire. He will need to confirm, but the the gentle heat (from the inside) of a boot dryer is probably ok.