Sitka Ballistic Vest Review, by Josh Boyd

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey Roksliders
When I shot the TAC in Bozeman last year, I was lucky enough to land on Josh Boyd's team. Josh is a fine hunter and spends more time in the western backcountry than most of us, both due to his passion and his job. He works with the U.S Forest Service specializing in watershed restoration and hydrologic data collection. Josh has also written a multitude of articles for many great publications like Bowhunter Magazine, Bow & Arrow Hunting, Extreme Elk Magazine, and Eastman's Bowhunting Journal. It only took me a few minutes to work a deal with Josh on several articles for Rokslide and you guys.

So please welcome Josh and take a look at his review on the Sitka Ballistic Vest. Josh will also be reviewing a Hilleberg (ya baby!) and the Sitka Coldfront Jacket in the next few weeks, so watch the forums and homepage for those. Josh goes by "Jumar" on the forums.

Here's the Ballistic Review

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/clothing/395-sitka-ballistic-vest-review

Last edited:

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Robby & Justin,
Thanks for the warm welcome!

If anyone has any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them here.

-Josh

Lindley

FNG
I too had reservations about spending $100 on an orange vest, but after adding up all of the blaze orange vests I've destroyed in the last 25 years, I figured it was time to get a good one. Especially given there was a 25% off coupon I could use.

I only used it for one season so far, but I'm happy with my purchase. I hunt in an area with some pretty nasty thorns, but it has held up quite well.

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks everybody. Rokslide is an incredibly informative and entertaining place. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Lindley, I'm glad you like your vest and I'm not surprised it's holding up. It's not perfect but it is a step up from the cheaper options.