Ingenios use of the standard Lid after upgrading to the XLT Lid on T2 For Bowhunters

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
So I received my Timberline 2 XLT Lid yesterday. Took off my standard Lid put on the XLT and I completely love it. So put the standard in my hunting cabinet drawer never to be thought of again until tonight!!!! :confused: I have been playing with connecting my bow to my Timberline 2 I through up a post and found that if I mounted my grabit lower on the pack my 35 inch ATA Bow is now perfectly centered over the Pack. I didnt want the top of the bow going much higher then the top of my pack. So I got that figured out. http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=32730

But then I started thinking tonight. You know I got protection for the bottom of the bow with the use of the Grab it. But what about the top when IM navigating brush and such. I want the top side of the bow to be protected. Thats when the light bulb came on.

I took out my standard lid from that drawer and started looking at the connections and found that I could connect it to the leftover strap on the top of the XLT cinch down on top.

You can probably see where I am going with this. I put my bow back in the grab it where I wanted it and through the Lid over the top of the Bow.

Are you Kidding me? Its like the stock Timberline Lid was Made for this purpose. Its a Perfect fit over the top of the Bow.

Here is another Angle

Now I just need to cinch down the front 2 buckles on the stock Lid to make this a tight hold on the Bow.

So started looking through my drawer of goodies. Crap no straps that Id want to take apart to make this work. So I took my bow back out and started looking at the different connection points on my T2.

I have a connection point at the middle of the pack that my Lid gets cinched down with.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
And I have the connection point below that.

Crap the one on bottom wont reach

So I took my XLT connection off and attached my lower connection to the XLT and used the connection that was being used in the middle of the pack to go to the newly created Bow cover cinch down.

And now I have a super stable super tight connection on top of the bow and bottom that completely protects both sides. And I didnt have to add any extra straps to the PACK.

Here is the end result and what my T2 looks like with Bow attached to the back of my pack.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah the more I play with the Timberline the more I learn about it. Pretty dynamic Pack.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
whatcha got strapped to the bottom there?

That is a kifaru Large Pod with my Ridgerest Mat in it. I use a REI sleeping pad and double it with the ridgerest to get extra comfort, R value, and Longivity out of my expensive Pad. Plus its a blow up Pad so having something to protect it from unseen sharp things on the ground is huge. Ridge rest fits perfectly in the Large Pod.

I also found that if I was going to get my 35 inch ata bow to be evenly distributed across my pack I had to bring the bow below the bottom of the pack. So having the pad there helped me achieve that so I could still set my pack down without hurting or putting stress on my bow. Worked out really well.

Last edited:
OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
God i love looking at my pack from work =-)

do you think this adaptation for carrying your bow would work with the highcamp lid as well?

You can also go this route but not need the extra lid. I carried my kifaru pack a couple times without a lid to cut on weight.

Graves14

WKR
Sorry to be a thread grave digger but any chance these photos still exist somewhere? I love the idea.