most comfortable pad

TravisIN

WKR
I ran the static v this past season and am going to switch the the v luxe. It never see anything negative about these pads on here and I was just looking for something a little thicker and wider. The “wide” version of a lot of pads is only 25” compared to 30” for the luxe. Love all the experience on this site and that there are so many people running different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a Klymit Insulated Static V Lite. It's only 19oz, has a R value of 4.4, is 23" wide, and is really comfy. However- mine failed my first night out (bad valve) on our October elk hunt. I ended up borrowing my brother-in-law's backup Thermarest Z-lite Sol for the rest of the week. Nowhere near as comfortable, but it kept me from freezing to death so I was sooooooo happy! (That failure night was brutal)

Good news is, Klymit has been great with their warranty service, and I'm expecting a new one in the mail any day now.

An update on my Klymit pad... so as I mentioned the valve failed on my hunt. I sent it in to Klymit, and they said it would be covered. Klymit has had the pad since mid-November, but their claimed turn around time is supposed to 5-7 business days. I haven't followed up on it since I didn't need it, but I finally did on Tuesday with a friendly email. I received a reply first thing the next day with a huge apology for their delay, a tracking number for a new pad, and they threw in an inflatable pillow. I'm totally happy, and recommend them as a company to work with.

Oldffemt

WKR
I used a insulated static v lux in CO for 3rd rifle this year. Super comfortable but it was kinda cold. Granted, we had single digit temps and it was my first time with a quilt at those temps. I brought a bag liner just in case I thought the quilt was too drafty, I ended up just sleeping with the liner on top of the pad and was ok. I did wake up a little sore on the coldest mornings but I’m getting old and somewhat expected that. I’m normally a very warm sleeper FYI.
YMMV

CLibka

Lil-Rokslider
I liked the REI flash last year. Cheap, warm, comfortable and easy to inflate/deflate. Wait on an REI coupon and its like $75

My exped synmat ul7 has served me well. It's thick and comdortable (i guess) i can hardly ever sleep well when camping. I did borrow a friend's Rei pad a while back. I have no idea what model it was but i cant find it on rei's page anymore. It was similar to the exped and comfy too but with a much lower rvalue.

Most people are into the inflatable air pads these days. I guess I'm weird - I've never found one that didn't feel unstable and kind of like sleeping on a balloon. I like self-inflating pads, even though they are less efficient in terms of warmth than the high end inflatables like the Thermarest X-Therm. For a year now I've been using the Prolite Plus and I love it. I'm not a lightweight and it suits me very well. It feels very stable and it's got plenty of cushion.

TravisIN

WKR
I got my static v luxe in the other day. Damn that thing is huge! Obviously haven’t had time to get it out and put some real time into it it feel pretty confident in it since it’s just a bigger version of what I’ve used with the static v. It’s so much wider it’s crazy. The pad takes up half of a queen size mattress. On my scales it weighs 10oz more than my normal static v but rolls up to almost the same size. Just an inch or two longer. Excited to use this pad. With this, my new sea to summit pillow, and hopefully soon a WM terralite I think I’ll be sleeping very very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbljack

WKR
So I continue my research on pads...and I have a question for those with the Exped Downmat UL winter. Because its made with 20d instead of the heavier material, are there durability concerns? Running a floorless shelter with Tyvek or a bivy, and I think the Exped Downmat UL winter may be my choice....but I don't want to spend that kind of cash if durability is lacking. Comfort is my #1 priority and a higher R value to remain warm. weight is a factor as well because its being purchased for backpack trips.

My thought is that with a bivy the ligher weight material might be ok because the bivy will protect the pad a bit more. Curious to hear what yall think.

And although the bivy may not be necessary, I think the options it provides make it a good add to the system when combined with that lighter weight, high R value pad that is supposed to be pretty comfortable from what Im reading.

That wide version of the insulated Static V is also tempting....but the R value is lower at 4.4 if I remember correctly.

Argali

FNG
Sea to Summit comfort plus.
Big advantage to these is the split air chambers. I've never had a leak in mine but if I did I would still have a pad to sleep on because the pad is divided between and top.
A great fail safe for long back country hunts.

sneaky

"DADDY"
So I continue my research on pads...and I have a question for those with the Exped Downmat UL winter. Because its made with 20d instead of the heavier material, are there durability concerns? Running a floorless shelter with Tyvek or a bivy, and I think the Exped Downmat UL winter may be my choice....but I don't want to spend that kind of cash if durability is lacking. Comfort is my #1 priority and a higher R value to remain warm. weight is a factor as well because its being purchased for backpack trips.

My thought is that with a bivy the ligher weight material might be ok because the bivy will protect the pad a bit more. Curious to hear what yall think.

And although the bivy may not be necessary, I think the options it provides make it a good add to the system when combined with that lighter weight, high R value pad that is supposed to be pretty comfortable from what Im reading.

That wide version of the insulated Static V is also tempting....but the R value is lower at 4.4 if I remember correctly.
I think the stuff sack on my Static v Luxe says 5.0 instead of 4.4.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk