Welcome Back Enlightened Equipment

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey all, this company has really been a leader in quilts and sleep systems. We worked with them a few years back and seems like most of our members and staff really liked the product and customer service. They are back with Rokslide now so be sure and consider Enlightened Equipment for any of your sleep system needs.

Here are just a few of the reviews we did...

Enlightened Equipment's Convert Quilt Review - Rokslide

Hangin' with Enlightened Equipment's Synthetic Quilts - Rokslide

Quilt Review: Enlightened Equipmen'ts Accomplice - Rokslide

Not all of those products may still be offered as EE is always innovating and putting out the next best.

You can follow them on Rokslide and on their newsletter by signing up on their homepage here https://enlightenedequipment.com/ (see "Stay Updated")

Last edited:

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Diehard EE Quilter here. This will be season #5.

I am currently using the 10 degree Rev. I would venture to say I have about 80 nights in it. From Spring in Alaska, all the way into November in Idaho.

Any questions, ask away!

Brock

Trial153

WKR
I needed a synthetic for my kit, picked up an Apex. This is my first real go round with quilts.
The Apex is nice product, well made, functional, specs were legit. If it performs as good as it looks I will happy.
Nice to see them onboard here.

EastMT

WKR
The convert extra wide/tall is the only thing big enough to fit my dads chest, 20 degree at 32oz for the biggest bag you can imagine! 74” circumference is unheard of, most are 62-64. Thank you EE for you products.

jorken

FNG
Nice, got a recon bivy on the way. I'm pretty hesitant on a bivy/tarp setup but I'm willing it give it a whirl.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have several EE pieces that have found their way into my hunting kit- their Apex mittens (two different weights), their new Apex beanie (Hooligan) that doubles as a "hood" w/ my quilts, Apex booties- these are all very lightweight w/ a lot of warmth for the weight

I also recently added one of their new Apex hooded vests for an insulating layer early season- great addition (got to put it through it's paces on a spring adventure race)

And most recently, a "20 degree" Apex quilt (Enigma)- they are using 8.0 oz Apex which from my experience should probably put the quilt closer to 10 degrees

welcome back!

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
My eye revelation 10° is consistently in my top 5 favorite pieces of gear. Other gear comes and goes but I take that quilt on just about every hunt. I even use it whitetail hunting from hunting and Turkey hunting, because it doubles pretty well as a woobie and is light enough to go unnoticed in my pack. Might need another though because my boy keeps confiscating it when he tags along. Ya he's under there toasty and passed out.
f6edf94f925c9282e8f5b964e01858a1.jpg
335df0ca323bea5f77bf42d3adb87369.jpg
3bd1507973a90c7e1989e46bc279e22e.jpg

Live2hunt custom shelters

ljalberta

WKR
Stoked to have them back! Currently have 2 EE quilts, with more to come in the future.

FlyGuy

WKR
My 0° EE Rev quilt just arrived last night!

(It's still in the box tho. I just calmly moved it and the box from 1shot from the front door to my office without calling any attention to it. You should have seen me. It was like I was just moving junk mail out of the way. Pro moves. I Can't wait to open it later today though!)

This is my 1st foray into the quilt life but I'm pretty stoked. I am a very active stomach sleeper, so the biggest appeal for me is the comfort factor of not getting twisted up inside the bag.

It's also my 1st down bag. That part has me a little more concerned but the weight and (pack) space savings were huge. Decided the juice would be worth the squeeze. I was able to get the extra weather strips on the head and toe of the quilt to minimize effect of contact moisture from the shelter walls.

For my sept Idaho moose trip i am planning to bring 2 bags. My idea is to leave my Kifaru 20 slick bag set up at a truck/basecamp, and use the (MUCH lighter) quilt for spikes. That way if I have to pack out solo I'll have a full camp at both ends so I can just shuttle meat out for however many days that might take me to accomplish!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

superA

WKR
My wife is a restless sleeper when it comes to temps. Her EE 20 degree quilt is the only thing that's made her happy to date. Very warm if used right but can be partially worn on warmer trips. Very good stuff.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I didn't know they were gone. I love my 0 degree Revelation, super light and warm. I tried an even lighter 20 degree for early season and froze under that thing even on an Xtherm pad. I'll be using the 0 degree a bit this year packing in for my elk and hopefully bear.

wmp1991

FNG
Diehard EE Quilter here. This will be season #5.

I am currently using the 10 degree Rev. I would venture to say I have about 80 nights in it. From Spring in Alaska, all the way into November in Idaho.

Any questions, ask away!

Brock

Anything ever make you wish you'd have an enclosed footbox (i.e. the Enigma?)

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I picked up a used Revelation in The classifieds here a few years ago and love it. Last week I had a coastal AK hunt pop up sobsnaggwd an Apex 20° Revelation off the warehouse page Saturday. It’s an ugly duckling but will keep me snug in the wet nasty for sure.