Seek Outside 4 man tipi stove

Rokwiia

WKR
I just got the SO 4-man tipi and will now start looking for a stove. Haven't decided whether I want a box or cylinder stove. A few questions:

1) If I get the box stove, should I get the SO medium or large?

2) My preference is to have plenty of stove-pipe length to help prevent tent burns. SO pairs the 4-man tipi with a 7.5 pipe in their hot tent combo. I'm thinking at least 8'. Thoughts?

3) If a cylinder stove, are there any other ones to look at beside Lite Outdoors?

The SO Large is only 4 oz heavier than the Medium. The extra length on the Large makes firewood processing a little easier, and longer burn time.

In my opinion, the only reason to go with the smaller of the two stoves is if 4 ounces of weight savings is that important to you.

On the pipe length, You should be able to get away with 8 ft in a 4-man. I'm using 9 ft pipe in the 6-man. Works fine. The taller pipe will be more susceptible to high winds.

With the titanium pipe, it should be easy enough to trim it shorter if you ever need to or want to.

I had the 4 man and a medium stove. I would recommend the large for what was said previously. Firewood processing would be much easier with the larger stove. Pipe length is up to you. I had no issues with the 7.5 but an 8 would be fine as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk