Wall tent essential extras

Mi_fiveo

WKR
I plan to spend about three weeks in a wall tent this November. What are some items that I should look at bringing with me to make everyday life a little easier. Here is what I have started so far.

14x16 wall tent with rain fly
XL cot with pad, -20 mummy bag, wool blanket
hanging tent organizer
two 6' folding tables
wood stove and circulating fan, propane torch for fast fire starting, small ash shovel, leather gauntlet gloves
axe and bow saw for cutting dead firewood
small shovel
small garbage can
2 propane lanterns, bottle gas
mr. heater with 2 30lb cylinders of propane for backup heat source
small propane grill, pot and pan
outdoor rv carpet

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Mousetraps. Doesn't seem to matter where I set up camp, those pesky mice always find the tent and pitter patter around it all night without a few traps set up. Hearing that "snap" is almost as enjoyable as releasing an arrow.

Cook stove, cooking uintensls,carbon monoxide detector,radio for weather reports,rope to hang wet clothes on,snow shovel,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LaHunter

WKR
The 'cot tree' that cabela's sells is pretty nice to have for hanging stuff on.
A small metal ash bucket for your stove ashes.
Something to take a wizz into in the middle of the night, so you don't have to go outside (the importance of this is directly proportional to your age).
A boot brush will help keep the inside clean, if you have a floor in your tent.
Ear plugs if you will have others sharing the tent, and a sledge hammer so if the ear plugs aren't enough to drown out the snoring.

Good luck

sndmn11

WKR
Your ash shovel should be a flat nose and match the contour of the bottom of the stove. A metal container with a lid is nice to put said ash in. Ten gallon gatorade on the sidelines style water coolers are nice. I have two large mixing bowls: one has soapy water permanently in it for washing dirty hands, the other has clean rinse. Towels AND a way to hang dry them are better than paper towels in my opinion.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I don’t see a nice camp chair or two on the list. Battery operated fan to circulate the warm air from the stove or heater.

I don’t see a nice camp chair or two on the list. Battery operated fan to circulate the warm air from the stove or heater.

and with your suggestion, i just found this... no need for batteries, have a single for the one at our house, now buying 2 of these. One for camp one for home.

VODA 4.9 inches Height Twin Motor Heat Powered Stove Fan

OP
Mi_fiveo

Mi_fiveo

WKR
good suggestions so far. I have one of those fans that sits on top of the woodstove to circulate heat.

cnelk

WKR
Para cord with a bunch of clothes pins strung thru

A few 'Duraflame' logs. Put in the stove at night will burn slow all night, just need to add kindling in morning to fire the flame up again. My stove ran for 5 days/nights nonstop lsat year in Wyoming doing this

2 hatchets. Use to split wood by driving one with the other thru wood

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 145

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
A deep cycle battery, set up to run a 12v weed sprayer( type you mount on a 4 wheeler) for running water.
A few battery operated motion LED lights for those late night bathroom calls. 1 in the tent, 1 on the porch.
A generator for power.
A string of LED lights for in the tent and on the porch that hook into the deep cycle.
Power strip for electronics charging off the generator.
Battery charging leads for the generator.
Some type of shower setup. I use a 2 gallon weed sprayer with a sink sprayer on it. Also have a little privacy tent for the shower and one for the pisser.
A large pot to heat 2 gal. Water for the pump shower.
Charming flushable wipes.

Some cheap wool blankets with grommets added so you can hang them from the frame on the sides. You can't believe how much more comfortable it makes a tent.

Fatcamp

WKR
Mousetraps. Doesn't seem to matter where I set up camp, those pesky mice always find the tent and pitter patter around it all night without a few traps set up. Hearing that "snap" is almost as enjoyable as releasing an arrow.

Logged in to post this very thing. Maybe even a rat trap.

Fatcamp

WKR
Some cheap wool blankets with grommets added so you can hang them from the frame on the sides. You can't believe how much more comfortable it makes a tent.

That's a good one. We use a tarp to close off ceiling space. Works really well to heat or cool.

tuffcity

WKR
A chain saw. Depending on your temps getting enough wood with a bow saw will get old real fast. :)

RC

OP
Mi_fiveo

Mi_fiveo

WKR
I was thinking the same thing and if I have room once the truck is all packed up with everything else, I will add the chainsaw.

We've refined it a little since the pic, but you'll get the idea. The cake pan I have in front of the stove has saved many holes and messes and it fits inside the stove.
fHzpfEo.jpg

codym

WKR
I would add a broom, I have a couple extra tarps and pieces of carpet as my wall tent is floorless. Also I always carry a roll of that tin foil chimmney tape (not sure if that is the correct name) to deal with any pipe leaks.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've always set up my base camps where the elk are, so I've never wanted a chainsaw or a generator or any other noise maker around my camp. But I guess there are plenty of areas where those might be fine.