Stove

So my first elk hunting trip is next year. I’m thinking about going with a tipi shelter. What is a cheaper titanium stove and will I be able to use on if I buy a Seek Outside Silvertip with full nest? Is there a stove jack in the nest too? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a Lite Outdoors 18” stove with baffle. I set it up last weekend and did the first burn-in. It seemed like it was going to work very well on my upcoming Montana deer hunt. It was slightly cheaper than most of the other stove options out there.

Beendare

WKR
like this?

1A04C3F7-DA73-4F28-A339-6C180C936511.jpg
7E9DE94C-F3F7-4631-84C7-161DFB8BD982.jpg

Lite Outdoors stove in my home sewn tipi on a MT packin bow hunt last week about 15 miles from Yellowstone.

I've had a homegrown version of this stove in the past but the LO with the baffle is the way to go. We don't use it much...just to take the chill off and dry stuff out. It burns good for about 1/2 hr with a load of say 6- 1 1/2" sticks...but you have to keep feeding it if you want to it to go continuous. You don't need the screen with the baffle...it gets plugged up too fast and not necessary. Not one burn hole in my tipi on about 7 weeks of use/multiple trips.

its a fine line with these Ti stoves between 'cherry red' and going out...but nice to have when its 20 deg

Edit; I will say that the Seek Outside and Kifaru Box stoves are probably a better design for utility if you are going to cook on them, etc. I don't know how they compare when it comes to being more airtight or how well they breath...I haven't spent much time with one....but they look well built.

Last edited:
OP
A
View attachment 80651
View attachment 80652

Lite Outdoors stove in my home sewn tipi on a MT packin bow hunt last week about 15 miles from Yellowstone.

I've had a homegrown version of this stove in the past but the LO with the baffle is the way to go. We don't use it much...just to take the chill off and dry stuff out. It burns good for about 1/2 hr with a load of say 6- 1 1/2" sticks...but you have to keep feeding it if you want to it to go continuous. You don't need the screen with the baffle...it gets plugged up too fast and not necessary. Not one burn hole in my tipi on about 7 weeks of use/multiple trips.

its a fine line with these Ti stoves between 'cherry red' and going out...but nice to have when its 20 deg

Edit; I will say that the Seek Outside and Kifaru Box stoves are probably a better design for utility if you are going to cook on them, etc. I don't know how they compare when it comes to being more airtight or how well they breath...I haven't spent much time with one....but they look well built.

You made that tipi?? That’s nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rokwiia

WKR
Last night, I had the maiden voyage burn-in for the Lite Outdoors 18" with baffle (common theme here). It is used with a Seek Outside 4-man tipi.