Kodiak flexbow tent in snow

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Read tons of threads on the flexbow tents in wind, but curious if anyone has put them in a snow storm? I’m looking at grabbing a 10x14 around Christmas when cabelas puts them on sale and I can cash in all these points/gift cards. We have a older 8 man Alaskan that is worn out and wanting a new family/late season tent.

We run flex bows all the way through the late elk hunts here in Nevada and they handle snow load with ease. We have a couple big wall tents also but most of the time default to the flex bow especially when I only have a couple clients in camp and the extra room is not needed.

Sam01

FNG
It’s not much but I’ve had mine out in 3-4 inches of wet snow. No problems. I did tarp it the night before in hopes of being able to put it away dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
We run flex bows all the way through the late elk hunts here in Nevada and they handle snow load with ease. We have a couple big wall tents also but most of the time default to the flex bow especially when I only have a couple clients in camp and the extra room is not needed.

Great info to know! Since it sounds like big tents are your thing, do you think the Kodiak is a good tough tent compared to the larger solid Canvas wall tents? I narrowed it down to the Kodiak or Cabela’s BigHorn and I’m more partial to Canvas over the regular nylon tent material.

There both great tents I have both a Montana canvas wall tent and kodiak canvas both really nice options. it all depends for me how many guys going as to what I'm taking, but both will hold up for years when properly taken care of, Make sure to reset up after going home and set it up again till completely dry while staked out properly or you will get lots of shrinkage in the canvas, and put everything away once dry completely, I've never had problems with mold or rot when taking proper care . both will last for years!

We put mine through about 8" of snow the week before 1st rifle in Colorado this year. It held up great.

After that weather (everything from 14 deg., snow and ice to 40 mph winds down in the sagebrush country) I'm in love with my Kodiak canvas tent. Most comfortable elk camp ever, by far.

tracker12

WKR
I have a Spring Bar. Same as the Kodiak buy made in UT instead of China. I have had it in 12" of snow several times and it has held up ell. I sold my wall tent several years ago and never looked back.