8-man Tipi Extras

Arrow shaft attached to the zipper......GENIUS!! I am stealing that for sure.
When we are car camping, we bring a rug for the entrance and small tarps/tyvec for under our cots.
As others have said, helinox chair is a MUST.
I recommend a full liner if you have two guys.
I invested in a Nu-WAY propane heater and 5lb propane tank for when we are car camping also. The stove pipe for from my SO stove works perfectly with it. No wood and instant heat. 5lb tank lasted us a week for warming up in the morning and running a bit at night to get things toasty before falling asleep.

Beendare

WKR
What size tipi is this that you have it supported using a pine tree pole?

Its my home sewn tipi, 12'6" dia x 7.5'-8.5' tall [adjustable] version. Yeah, thats a "Recycled" beetle kill pine....gotta do our part right? /grin

Actually the full dia is 13' but just 3" inside the perimeter I have that light green fabric skirt you see with screened vents that is velcro'd to the tipi. This is so I can adjust height and ventilation. Works slick- [patent applied for /grin] as the problem I've had with tipis is all about getting the perfect amount of ventilation to keep condensation down. Makes for more use-able room too. You can also weigh it down or bury like a sod skirt so no mice/varmints.

This one is 12 sided...more structural seams...but less sag. And if you have ever used a tipi you know...they expand and contract...and sag. This one not so much....but its a little heavier with those seams and the stronger 1.6oz Hyper D silpoly- Total with stakes is 6.5#- without the pole.

That REI pole is about 2# so no use packing that a few miles uphill when there are plenty of poles to chose from.

OP options; A cot is another option as extras. We have used the roll a cots and the short cots.

Also, I like using a waffle Matt under my inflatable as it acts as a ground cloth protecting it, its light, soft, waterproof, and you don't slide.

FlyGuy

WKR
I'm still trying to wrap my head around just how brilliant of an idea the arrow/zipper idea is.

This is the current winner of the "Best Tips from Internet Hunting Forums -- 2018" for me.
I used one of those super long (12"ish?) Ground hog tent stakes this past September. Makes it a ton easier to reach way down in the corner of my tut to grab the zipper. The arrow is a better idea.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk