sneaky

"DADDY"
There's a thread on this already if you search for it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
C

coues32

WKR
Yep read all that a few times before buying my hmg mid year ago.
Seeing if anyone has installed one since. Thanks

Would you have one put in if had stuff to burn?
not me, I wouldn't from what I understand there's no fire retardant whatsoever in the material. My worry is it would go up very fast if it got a spark,
I wouldn't want to be in it if it did go up in flames, could be dangerously fast, seems risky to me. I think I would want to test a piece of material first with a lighter or spark and see what happens.

sneaky

"DADDY"
It has a rather low melting point, not a high flammability. I don't think it would go up any faster than a silnylon shelter would, or a canvas wall tent for that matter.
not me, I wouldn't from what I understand there's no fire retardant whatsoever in the material. My worry is it would go up very fast if it got a spark,
I wouldn't want to be in it if it did go up in flames, could be dangerously fast, seems risky to me. I think I would want to test a piece of material first with a lighter or spark and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Would you have one put in if had stuff to burn?
It would definitely be something I would consider doing, although I would only consider doing it in my Ultamid 4. All my other CF shelters are way too small for a stove. The misconception that CF shelters are incompatible with stoves would not play into my decision making.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
It would definitely be something I would consider doing, although I would only consider doing it in my Ultamid 4. All my other CF shelters are way too small for a stove. The misconception that CF shelters are incompatible with stoves would not play into my decision making.

Couldn’t agree more. I just vent well and run a primus lantern in mine to warm it up. Works well enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

coues32

WKR
Thanks guys, I have the mid 4.
I was going to the brunton latern,looks like gonna be the way to go for now