Hammoc Gear- Econ Burrow

Ryan Pent

FNG
Looking to see if anyone has any experience with the Hammock gear Econ burrow? Colorado early September to mid sept. I am looking at picking up a 20 degree, 1 ounce overfill, wide, regular length (6"2, 230lbs). wanting to get into a quilt at a decent price, I hate mummy bags, they are always too narrow for my shoulders. if anyone has one they are looking to unload that is in good shape, I'm in the market, or if anyone can offer any input on these I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.hammockgear.com/economy-burrow/

Thanks in advance

Looking to see if anyone has any experience with the Hammock gear Econ burrow? Colorado early September to mid sept. I am looking at picking up a 20 degree, 1 ounce overfill, wide, regular length (6"2, 230lbs). wanting to get into a quilt at a decent price, I hate mummy bags, they are always too narrow for my shoulders. if anyone has one they are looking to unload that is in good shape, I'm in the market, or if anyone can offer any input on these I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.hammockgear.com/economy-burrow/

Thanks in advance

Have you slept in a quilt before? Even the wide version of that quilt is only 55" wide. A slim fit mummy bag in comparison is 58-61" circumference, standard is typically 62-63". Think about how much more space you think you'll get in a quilt and consider how big the gap will be in your back. Example - you want 6" more circumference for your shoulders than a standard 62" mummy bag, that means you'll have a 13" gap (68"- 55") on your back you need to keep sealed off somehow to prevent cool drafts.

My experience is only with a EE in wide (58"), i'm smaller than you and couldn't keep drafts out.

OP
R

Ryan Pent

FNG
Have you slept in a quilt before? Even the wide version of that quilt is only 55" wide. A slim fit mummy bag in comparison is 58-61" circumference, standard is typically 62-63". Think about how much more space you think you'll get in a quilt and consider how big the gap will be in your back. Example - you want 6" more circumference for your shoulders than a standard 62" mummy bag, that means you'll have a 13" gap (68"- 55") on your back you need to keep sealed off somehow to prevent cool drafts.

My experience is only with a EE in wide (58"), i'm smaller than you and couldn't keep drafts out.

I have no experience with quilts, but I know that mummy bags don't seem to work well with my sleeping style, I toss and turn a lot.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I run a wide EE quilt and I've never used straps and have no issues with drafts. A top shelf pad is the biggest deal when running a quilt. My only concern is you're 6'2". No way would I even consider a standard length quilt. I'd do a long xwide as there is a learning curve to using a quilt, and buying one that isn't long enough would give you a bad impression of a quilt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have no experience with quilts, but I know that mummy bags don't seem to work well with my sleeping style, I toss and turn a lot.
Plenty of mummy bags on the market that are made for side sleepers and those who toss and turn. Nemo, Western Mountaineering, both come to mind. Terralite from WM is super popular with those that toss and turn. Plenty of room in that bag.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk