What bag ratings are in your quiver?

I was listening to the MeatEater and they talked about what bags they thought you needed for different temp ranges.

So I have a few bags. Of those, the ones I reallyuse are:

- woobie or wiggies jungle bag - blazing hot to 50*
- EE convert - 50-25*
- Old school army bag -25-0*

I have been thinking about an update to my 0* bag and have been pricing options from 10* to -10* ratings.

Admitting that people’s comfort and sleep styles vary widely, I am Curious what others feel about the best mix of temp ratings.

I have a 40* 1lb down bag I never use, a 20* synthetic made by Mountain Hardware and a 5* Western Mountaineering with Gore wind stopper.

Lawnboi

WKR
What I have for now.

Woobie, for hot weather, or separate from the sleep system if it’s really cold. Could even supplement my bags for really cold weather, if I ever find myself needing less than 10 degrees.

WM megalite. 30* bag but Iv taken it below that a few times. This bag keeps surprising me

WM versalite. 10*. We will see what this one can do this year. It replaced a 0* wiggys that I got sick of humping around.

For pads I run a neoair x lite. If it’s cold I run a z lite foam pad along with it.

I have had a number of budget bags in the past. Got a WM bag and found out people aren’t lying when they say that are that good. Hopefully these 2 bags will get me by for most stuff, as that was my aim in getting the versalite.

ljalberta

WKR
Currently running a Woobie or 10* EE Revelation for basically all my needs (Spring - September). No backcountry trips during the late season for me due to scheduling last few seasons or in the next couple due to scheduling. I have an old brick of a winter bag though for when they do happen (can't remember the name). Sleeping pads are an Xtherm or Prolite Plus.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
WM versalite 10deg for cold weather, really a solid/warm bag that is very light (but keep its face fabric in mind and don't beat the piss outta it).

I have a 34deg MH lamina spark that I got for $70-80 that I use when its warmer out and save the wear/tear on the WM bag.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got a 20 deg EE Revelation quilt for most applications, and a 0 deg WM Kodiak for when it gets really cold.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Huntin wv

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 40 deg marmot synthetic fill, a 20 deg marmot cloud break, a 15 deg MH Ratio down, and a 0 deg marmot lithium down. I use the cheap 40 deg bag and the 15 deg MH ratio the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LandYacht

WKR
WM Caribou that is rated at 35*, but I have pushed it into the 20s and been just fine.

WM Versalite that is rated at 10*, and like the Caribou I’ve pushed it past the minimum rating going into the single digit negatives and been just fine as well.

Pad seems to make the biggest difference if you can push lower ratings and keeping the wind off box baffle stitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
MLD Spirit Quilt 48°
El Coyote Quilt 30°
I have several more but those two get used the most as far as backpack hunting goes. The others get thrown in the truck or used if it's much colder than those two together can't handle which is rare for me.

I use a 15 degree bag for almost everything. I have a super light poncho liner for summer.

That being said, I have been thinking about getting a 40 degree quilt for mild weather. But I've been fooled in early season in the mountains before so I am a little gun-shy.

Marmot CWM -40
Integral Designs 0 degree
Stone glacier Chilkoot 15 degree
Feathered Friends Lark yf 10 degree
Kifaru Slick bag 20 degree
Marmot 32 degree

A handful of various Mtn HW bags as well.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

50 degree summer bag that I sometimes use a liner in cold weather
Cheaper 30 degree bag. I don't use this any more, but use it for a camping loaner
20 degree synthetic bag
0 degree down bag
0 degree kodiak canvas bag. Just bought this after freezing in Montana last year. Way too big for anything besides truck camping, but should be pretty nice for that.