SO VS TiGoat

92xj

WKR
Medium Seek outside stove vs tigoat medium wifi stove.
Is the weight saving of the wifi worth it?
I want a flat top stove, done the cylinder, liked it, want to play with something else.
WiFi is a little larger burn area, lighter and easy to assemble. SO, smaller, heavier, still easy to assemble, but better door system.
Which one to buy?
Will be heating a cimarron or maybe a redcliff

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'd go with a bigger stove for a Redcliff, a medium from either brand will heat it, but not as easily as a large. For a Cimarron either will work. I've got way more stove than I need for my LBO, I run a Ruta Locura stove. When I add a Redcliff to the stable it'll be perfect lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
You had me at “bigger & lighter”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya and that's my thought,
But that dang door with the WiFi is the single thing keeping me from being 100% about my choice. I don't want to hear rattles when she's going strong, or puff smoke back into the shelter when the flow gets jacked for that brief moment.

But that dang door with the WiFi is the single thing keeping me from being 100% about my choice. I don't want to hear rattles when she's going strong, or puff smoke back into the shelter when the flow gets jacked for that brief moment.

I’m also leery about a big janky door. The LiteOutdoors stove I had used a really nice well built door set up and drove me nuts. It would rattle and puff smoke and let tons of embers pop out. Could easily feed a half rick of wood in there but the downsides of the large door pushed me into the Smith cylinder stove. Haven’t had any door issues since switching. Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
That's not something limited to that design. Any of those stoves can, and will, smoke you out of your shelter at one point or another. It's the nature of the beast. What about warping the door on the SO stove? I've had friends that had that happen with theirs and made it hard to open and close. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk