LO Plateau vs SO Cimmaron

GregB

WKR
Does anyone have any experience with the Light Outdoors Plateau tipi and how it compares to the SO tipis?. I am trying to decide between that and the SO Cimmaron.

Does anyone have any experience with the Light Outdoors Plateau tipi and how it compares to the SO tipis?. I am trying to decide between that and the SO Cimmaron.

Never seen that LO setup before. It looks to have quite a bit more usable space than the Cimarron. It’s actually a mid not a teepee. Seem like very big panels for 20d fabric, I bet it flaps pretty good in the wind. I like that it has peak vents but curious if they close?

reaper

WKR

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk
2aabfc0be785e2848dc5b9f55d4c06d7.jpg

The Lite Outdoors Plateau is more the size of my SO 4-man Tipi. Just a bit smaller footprint and a taller center height based on their published dimensions. Looks interesting.

TR909

FNG
Hoping to hear more about the Plateau. The other shelter I had my eye on is a SO Red Cliff, mainly for the height. Plateau is a few inches taller and also has more and higher guy points. Is 20D ripstop something to be concerned about (compared to the Red Cliff's 30D)? My Hilleberg Enan is 20D and seem pretty delicate.

reaper

WKR
Hoping to hear more about the Plateau. The other shelter I had my eye on is a SO Red Cliff, mainly for the height. Plateau is a few inches taller and also has more and higher guy points. Is 20D ripstop something to be concerned about (compared to the Red Cliff's 30D)? My Hilleberg Enan is 20D and seem pretty delicate.
I think i will order one soon(Plateau)i really like the design,my only concern is also the material.
Its a pyramid so it looks crazy fast to pitch,stakes the 4 corners put the center pole and done,thats what i am looking for.Also the stove jack is on the rear of the pole so you don't have the stove in your way when you get back in the tent.The color is ugly lol!!(thats my girly 2 cents)

Redcliff looks like a very nice shelter,better than the 4 man i had but its crazy expensive.It have 2 doors wich i found very useful on shelters for ventilation and letting the tent dry before packing.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk