TI goat Wifi for Supertarp and Sawtooth?

rbljack

WKR
I ran a medium box stove in my sawtooth this year as a solo shelter. Plenty of room, but im looking to lighten the load for next year. Although the headroom of the sawtooth was great, it was just a bit heavy for me running it for a solo shelter with the liner installed and the medium box stove.

I also have a supertarp, and am considering the TI goat wifi stove in a medium for that shelter. Anybody run one of these in a supertarp? will it fit?

My thought process is that I could use it in either shelter. Its half the weight of the kifaru medium box stove if I remember correctly. I thought about going with the small, but processing wood down to fit in the smallest stove gets old quick. I like the idea of a flat top stove so I can cook on it or boil water and relax during extended periods of bad weather without having to consume my stove fuel.

I also looked at the 18 inch cylinder stove, but the set up looks like it would be a PITA with the wires. Looking for yalls input on what you use in either of these shelters.

Thanks!

reaper

WKR
Looks like an old post but i can say few words.

If you want to use a stove in a supertarp i think a wifi stove is good or a cylinder stove from liteoutdoors.

Fews years ago i was using this DIY stove(look like a wifi)in a Paratarp(picture with skull).Last week i modified the door because it was too small now been using it in a Luxe hiking gear hexpeak tipi.
I ran a medium box stove in my sawtooth this year as a solo shelter. Plenty of room, but im looking to lighten the load for next year. Although the headroom of the sawtooth was great, it was just a bit heavy for me running it for a solo shelter with the liner installed and the medium box stove.

I also have a supertarp, and am considering the TI goat wifi stove in a medium for that shelter. Anybody run one of these in a supertarp? will it fit?

My thought process is that I could use it in either shelter. Its half the weight of the kifaru medium box stove if I remember correctly. I thought about going with the small, but processing wood down to fit in the smallest stove gets old quick. I like the idea of a flat top stove so I can cook on it or boil water and relax during extended periods of bad weather without having to consume my stove fuel.

I also looked at the 18 inch cylinder stove, but the set up looks like it would be a PITA with the wires. Looking for yalls input on what you use in either of these shelters.

Thanks!
ec1e6b8213d8dacacb8729909f258d3d.jpg
e9a0b5af2b037304a35c652103c4b193.jpg
e4ca7c970014c18ff9733c185ae7d1f1.jpg
b804b75be4ddc59ec61b64bf81c0301b.jpg
64d1e07d54ef5638b7f8631de20d72e2.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Mannsbuick

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks!
I run a Tigoat titanium vortex stove size (small) in my Sawtooth..here is a pic of it at the Kifaru rendezvous in CO!!

Attachments

• 2AC9FE8D-D54D-4177-878C-565BE83566F6.jpeg
    2AC9FE8D-D54D-4177-878C-565BE83566F6.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 15