Lite Outdoors stove pipe question

valtteri

FNG
It is true that the finish on the holes on LO stove are a bit rough but for me it’s a backcountry wood stove, not a display item.

I really haven’t noticed the fit and finish to play any role in the stove’s capacity to crank out heat. You have a fire in there, essentially all heat radiating inside the tent is not lost but gained heat. :)

I actually had big gaps on my stove body where the feet studs are. I think the folks at Lite Outdoors need to invest in a quality assurance department. My gaps didn't seem to affect the stoves performance, but I haven't truly tested it yet. In my back yard it seems to work ok! We probably are losing a little heat out of those gaps I'd bet.

We do have a quality assurance department, the problem is that the same guy that runs it also is customer service, production, shipping, accounting, and everything else haha :)

The fit and finish around the legs is a lot better on the 12" and 18" standard stove, we improved the process in these last few months and they are a lot cleaner now. Still working on the XL but that will also be cleaned up and more professional looking in the near future.

You will find it isn't heat you will be losing around the legs. It does however let in a bit of air so we are tightening that up a bit. Other than the air, smoke shouldnt come through those gaps, so functionality isn't compromised.