Nemo Hornet 2P in Rain??

samc

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with this tent camping in rain? Love how light weight it is, but am wondering how it does in the rain. Thanks!

OP
S

samc

Lil-Rokslider
Thats what I was afraid of. I think I will be returning mine as well. Thanks for the info.

Split toe

WKR

sneaky

"DADDY"
I had a Hornet 1p for a couple of years, and that guy is a one off. I never had any issues with it, and Nemo builds a better tent in my opinion than BA does. Biggest knock against the Hornet series is that they aren't true freestanding tents. I gave mine to my niece who still lives in Tennessee and she hasn't had any failures either. I certainly wouldn't let one person's review sway my opinion. Besides, people who have no issues don't ever post reviews, it only takes one to have something happen and they tell the world.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
From that picture it looks like he pitched it sideways to the wind and a stake pulled. That's HIS fault, not the tent's.

Summit1

FNG
It rained for two days this past archery season while I was hunting out of my hornet 2p. I had absolutely no issues. I was happy with the way the tent performed and wont hesitate to use it again with rain in the forecast. Brad

It’s not the same tent but I used to have a Nemo galaxi 2p tent that was just awesome in rain. We had rain and high winds for 4 days on the coast of Lake Michigan first time I used it and it stayed bone dry inside. I would trust anything Nemo makes after that experience but like I said it’s not the same tent you are wondering about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Argali

FNG
I have had my 2p hornet in the rain. No issues, no leaks. Love it. Would recommend to everyone.

Shraggs

WKR
But can it be set up in the rain, isn’t that what OP asked?

I’m also looking for a solo ground shelter and am considering this too. Certainly high on my list, but it looks like have set up innner with frame then add fly. Like a big Agnes. So I assume you’ll be wet if set up in rain or snow.

sneaky

"DADDY"
But can it be set up in the rain, isn’t that what OP asked?

I’m also looking for a solo ground shelter and am considering this too. Certainly high on my list, but it looks like have set up innner with frame then add fly. Like a big Agnes. So I assume you’ll be wet if set up in rain or snow.
No, the OP asked how it performs in the rain, and someone else posted a review from an idiot who set his tent up broadside to the wind and had a couple of stakes pull and blamed it on the tent. I'll say it again, Nemo builds a better tent than BA. Any tent that doesn't have a linked inner and outer tent with an exoskeleton pole system is going to have the same issue of potentially getting wet during takedown or setup. Big Sky tents and Tarptent both have models to avoid this.

Shraggs

WKR
Thanks sneaky

Can you rig or develop a sequence with this Nemo or type of tent to set up in the rain? Work under fly by setting out first?