Helinox Cot Lite Questions

Would like some feedback from any of you guys that have used one of these. I am finishing up purchasing all my gear and saw that these have a pretty good discount right now so I was considering throwing one in with the last order even on the off chance I may use it here and there.

For guys that have them:
How much added comfort is there vs just a pad?
How often do you actually bring it?(only short trips, summer trips, etc?)
Any other info you think would be relevant to a potential buyer?

I would be using it in a Sawtooth with Smith Stove if I did happen to get it.

FlyGuy

WKR
I really like mine, but i dont pack it in. I only use it from a truck camp. I typically fly (live in Houston) so the light weight and size is important, and my shelter is a Tut which wouldn't accommodate a wall tent type of cot anyway. It gets you just high enough to hover over the bumps & holes lurking underneath your pad that seem to grow exponentially throughout the night when sleeping directly on the ground.

Personally, I never pack in for more than a couple nights at a time and never really felt like it was worth it for that. Its not "hard" to set up/break down, but its not something i want to mess with daily.

If i were ever to hunt in a unit where i felt confident that i could hike in with camp, set up in one spot, and still be into elk daily w/o relocating for 4-6 nights, then yeah i would pack it. Alas, ive never found a spot in a unit like that. I'm usually moving daily so the cot (and the cylinder stove) waits for me at basecamp.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

OP
H
I really like mine, but i dont pack it in. I only use it from a truck camp. I typically fly (live in Houston) so the light weight and size is important, and my shelter is a Tut which wouldn't accommodate a wall tent type of cot anyway. It gets you just high enough to hover over the bumps & holes lurking underneath your pad that seem to grow exponentially throughout the night when sleeping directly on the ground.

Personally, I never pack in for more than a couple nights at a time and never really felt like it was worth it for that. Its not "hard" to set up/break down, but its not something i want to mess with daily.

If i were ever to hunt in a unit where i felt confident that i could hike in with camp, set up in one spot, and still be into elk daily w/o relocating for 4-6 nights, then yeah i would pack it. Alas, ive never found a spot in a unit like that. I'm usually moving daily so the cot (and the cylinder stove) waits for me at basecamp.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

What you are talking about with the relocating nightly is something I was also hoping to not do. I live in the Corpus area and have been in Beaumont working for the last 4 months. If you ever want to meet up one weekend and shoot the shit or have a beer give me a shout!

I’ve used a backpack cot a couple times and they’re very comfortable. However the last year I’ve been packing a deluxe sleeping pad (forget the brand/model), 3” thick, 25” wide, and while it’s heavy AF it’s just as comfortable as the cot in my opinion. And a good compromise for overall weight packed for a good nights sleep.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I'm thinking of this too, but I'm 6'2" and am worried my feet will be hanging over the end. The large Thermarest would be long enough, but is said to be harder to put together.

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
Take a look at GO-KOT - Camping Cot, Camp Bed, Camping and Outdoor Gear | GO-KOT

Heavier than a Helinox or Thermarest cot at 10 lbs, but also a lot sturdier and much easier to put together. 8" tall so they work well in tipis. Run about $150. Company is in Alabama and has been in business since '78.

I have both the go cot and the helinox. Won’t camp without either one. Choice is whether it is a long hike or not. The cot adds hours of quality sleep over a pad. Use it at least once a month all year with Boy Scouts.