Thinking about a new tent

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
Currently have a beckel canvas eena TT 14x14 with kni-co alaskan wood stove. Set up is workable but the shape makes it pretty much a 2 guy show when running the stove and kinda limits usable space. Usually 2 guys is enough room but it would be nice to be able to easily fit a 3rd when we want to. I’m kinda going back and forth on just biting the bullet buying a smaller (maybe 10x12?) wall tent, or have really been considering a 10x14 kodiak with the blue flame propane heater. No messing around with firewood and ease of set up and cost are making this option sound good. Tent will be used in eastern Oregon in the fall into winter so it can be very cold, snow, rain, wind or not too bad. Will be set up by the truck so weight and packability not primary concern, but I do like to have a pretty simple camp not mess around a lot with set up/tear down.

For you guys that have used both am I giving up much if I go kodiak/propane over wall tent/wood stove?
Thx
Colby

We use a 12X14 montana canvas wall tent with a big buddy heater. It fits the three of us with room for all of our gear and room to spare. We stay toasty warm with the big buddy heater. We could actually get away with the buddy heater. We are all using big XL cots and have plenty of space.

Mosby

WKR
Instead of buying another tent, I would consider using bunk beds to free up space in your current tent. I think they provide an efficient use of space and extra sleeping and storage. I use them in my 12x12 Alaknak and 10x 10 kodiak. Mine are disco beds. Sort of a pain to set up but nice for longer stays or 3 people.

OP
C

Colby

Lil-Rokslider
If a guy did go wall tent is 12x14 enough for 2 with the occasional third or would I need 14x16?