Recommendations for a new backcountry tent.

jmez

WKR
Tarptent Rainbow handles the weather well. We got into some bad winds and rain in MT a few years ago and my buddy with the Rainbow was the only one of three that didn't need to buy a new tent after the hunt. I bought a Tarptent when we got home.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We (seekoutside ) should have a couple more options in the next 2-3 months that might compare favorably to some of the more Retail based options . They won't be free standing (use trekking poles )but will perform very well and give the ability to use a full inner with dual doors in the larger setup. The whole setup with inner should be around 3lbs for dual entrance , and about 65 sq ft shelter . If using the tarp fly only in the largest config it should be around 20 ounces or less .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zloomis

Lil-Rokslider
Kevin, are you saying more details in 2-3 months or available for purchase, more details soon? That sounds pretty exciting

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kevin, are you saying more details in 2-3 months or available for purchase, more details soon? That sounds pretty exciting

Purchase and details . One Tent is pretty much ready , I've used it some ... just can't share much more than very general details now . Suffice to say , most that have seen it thought it was pretty cool and offered some advantages

We (seekoutside ) should have a couple more options in the next 2-3 months that might compare favorably to some of the more Retail based options . They won't be free standing (use trekking poles )but will perform very well and give the ability to use a full inner with dual doors in the larger setup. The whole setup with inner should be around 3lbs for dual entrance , and about 65 sq ft shelter . If using the tarp fly only in the largest config it should be around 20 ounces or less .

I'm really forward to seeing what you guys have come up with. I'm going to be looking for something that is a little lighter/smaller than my Cimarron for early season or solo use.